Custom component not loading because of unfound requirement after 2021.5.0 release

I’ve been using a modified version of the gelight component for several releases now and haven’t had any issues. When I updated to core-2021.5.0 of hassio the component started failing with the following message

Platform error light.gelight - Requirements for gelight not found: [‘dimond’].

Looking in pipy, I can see that dimond is listed there. I’ve tried modifying the manifest.json file to explicitly say the version dimond==0.3 but that does not seem to affect anything.

Has there been a change that would cause this module to not be found?

Also from this module, I’m getting the following error

Unable to install package dimond: ERROR: Packages installed from PyPI cannot depend on packages which are not also hosted on PyPI. dimond depends on bluepy_mjg59@ git+https://github.com/mjg59/bluepy@local_version#egg=bluepy_mjg59 WARNING: You are using pip version 20.2.4; however, version 21.1.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the ‘/usr/local/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip’ command.

From what I can see, this error is just because the supervisor hasn’t been updated yet and can likely be ignored. I only mention it here for completeness since the module also uses bluepy.