Custom Component: Office 365 Calendar Sensor

Hey

I have created a custom component for getting your Office 365 Outlook calendar events directly via the Microsoft Graph api.

I noticed that somebody already found it on this forum and linked to the github project, but i thought i might as well create a post announcing this. :slight_smile:

Until now the only solution i have found for getting calendar events from O365 into Home Assistant, have been sharing the calendar with a Google calendar and then importing that calendar.

Now you can authenticate directly with O365, and get the info directly without having to proxy it through google first.

I myself am using this to have node-red access my work calendar and then update a binary switch on home assistant setting whether it’s a work day or not. This switch then in turns powers some other automations that depends on whether i need to work or not.

The sensor is available as an integration in HACS’ default repo list

Project repo, see the readme for the installation/configuration guide

If you run into any issues, or have a feature request, please create a GitHub Issue

4 Likes

I was waiting for this :). I setup everything but still can not seem to find any calendars in HA.Thank you for making this.

If you are experiencing issues please create an issue on github it makes tracking these issues a lot easier. And it provides a central place for others experiencing issues to look for solutions :slight_smile:

Ok will do, but seems the error is from trying to add a shared calendar from an O365 group. So this doesn’t seem to be a possibility.

You mention the use of nodered, do you have a node that is written for this, or are you passing the telemetry from Home Assistant to Nodered and then back? If you have a node, it would be extremely useful to me