Custom Component: SkyQ Media Player

I’ve posted an update that fixes the issue @Coedy reported

1 Like

I installed and working good skyq integration and mini media player, what i am asking is the link to you code about skyq

As I commented earlier this is provided as is. It works for me, and I will continue to ensure it works for me. I don’t at this time have enough knowledge of the ins and outs of Home Assistant to provide proper support to the level I would want to do it at (i.e. remove every bug).

I note that some people are reporting problems. Please just go back to your previous working version if that occurs.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help! :smiley:

Just so I’m 100% is your Master branch (updated today) a renamed version of your Personal branch (that you mentioned yesterday) as I can’t see that one anymore.
Downloaded Personal yesterday and working very well so wanted to update that.
Hope that makes sense :+1:t2:

Master is the one to use. I was using Personal for development, but have now created a dev branch for that.

1 Like

Cheers Roger…thanks for coming back to me…guessed that to be the case but to be to sure :+1:t2:

Hi,
I am getting this error:
Error occurred: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'parser'

Did it ever work before? Is there any more in the stack trace?

It has worked in previous versions.
Not sure if this has anything to do with it:
The websocket command media_player_thumbnail is deprecated. Use /api/media_player_proxy instead.

After installing new integration i get these errors:

2020-03-28 19:22:47 ERROR (SyncWorker_14) [custom_components.skyq.skyq.sky_remote] 
2020-03-28 19:22:57 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [custom_components.skyq.skyq.sky_remote] 
2020-03-28 19:23:08 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.skyq.skyq.sky_remote] 
2020-03-28 19:23:19 ERROR (SyncWorker_9) [custom_components.skyq.skyq.sky_remote] 

and the errors grow as minutes passed…

Hi Harry - I suggest you go back to your old version then. As I noted before, I don’t really have the experience or time to provide full on support. If you have anything more in your logs to go on I can take a look, but I’m afraid what you have so far isn’t enough.

That said, the problem isn’t to do with the media player thumbnail deprecation, I get that error as well. I’ve not bothered to track it down because I don’t believe the problem come from SkyQ component itself.

I’d suggest going back to the old version

The syncworker issues seem to just be something that certain components get by the looks of it:

I wonder if it’s possible to exclude these?

I’ve added some more exception handling, to better help diagnose issues, into my dev branch. Checking it out overnight because I know connections fail when SkyQ box goes to sleep overnight, and want to make sure I’m not generating exceptions when that happens.

To help those who want to give my code a go, and to help diagnose issues, I have added more exception handling and a limited set of debug messages where an exception would cause problems, but the situation is unusual.

I had a look at this issue last night, pretty sure it is caused by mini media player. If I use my Sonos entity in MMP I get the same warning, and if I use SkyQ in the core media control I don’t get the error.

1 Like

@RogTP the ability to show artwork for live shows is genius! Thanks for adding that in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you using the integration from @RogTP ? If yes, are you getting errors like the ones reported before?

Yeah I’ve just updated my components to the one from @RogTP

Where are you seeing these errors? Is it when you do something in particular or just random?