sources:
      BBCOne: '1,1,5'
  - platform:  skyq
    name: Sky Q
    host: !secret skyq_host
    sources:
      BBCOne: '1,1,5'
1 Like

That’s worked thank you…looks like the 2TB box fails to display artwork for some reason. My mini q box in the bedroom works no problem

skyq-2tb

Can you tell me how you get the artwork displayed? I only get the name of the channel or the recorded videos…

To be honest, it looks like it’s only showing for recorded shows…which I think I did come across something about earlier on in this thread.

Yep, It only shows art & Programme info for recordings, channel names for live.

Any idea why nothing is displayed for the 2TB boxes?

Hmm on my side cannot see artwork also for recorded shows… can you share your config about this?

Well I edited sky_remote.py in two places. in ./custom_components/skyq and ./custom_components/skyq/skyq.

I just found this from @RogTP which has fixed the artwork and channel information for both boxes.

Although for me, I only had to change it in ./custom_components/skyq/skyq.

That’s worked thank you…looks like the 2TB box fails to display artwork for some reason. My mini q box in the bedroom works no problem

The published Github has various bugs in the code, which may be your problem. Part of the problem is that some SkyQ boxes do not publish information on the url the code is expecting. I have submitted a pull request to the current owner of the master respository, but I’m not sure if they are active any more.

Further to that, I have made some changes to a ‘Personal’ branch on my repository that allows it to find what application is running on the box (e.g. Netflix or YouTube), and to remove the dependency on XMLTV (which causes problems because it pulls down a massive xml structure for programs for 72 hours), and uses awk.epgsky instead.

I have to say I am in no way an expert Python programmer, so if some takes a look don’t be too surprised if you can improve on the code, but it works for me. I have left some old code in there relating to XMLTV in case I need to go back to it.

1 Like

Would be great (if it’s possible) to add your repo to HACs or as a custom add-on :grin:

Brilliant, thank you for that explanation.

Is your branch available to use? I’ve always been curious about the running applications.

Cheers,

Dan

At the moment I don’t have enough knowledge of Home Assistant to want to start providing support for code, so you are able to use my repo if you wish at your own risk, it is accessible to all :grinning:. My GitHub is RogerSelwyn, you will find the repo in there, and my version of the code currently resides in the ‘Personal’ branch.

As I got more experienced, and to be honest have more time to spare, I may look to provide further support.

1 Like

To help, I have manually incorporated outstanding pull request contributions to the original master branch into my personal branch.

1 Like

I’ve done some code improvements, removed redundant code, spotted that I can show the image for the current live TV programme so added that, falling back to channel logo if not found.

Also published everything to my master branch, and will continue my own development when I do it in my dev branch.

1 Like

Hi, I just downloaded your fork (Master) as I’ve just migrated my Home assistant from a PI to a Home Server.
It’s working for me in that I can define sources, use them, it updates, I can pres pause and play as needed, But I dont get any ‘now playing’ info, or channel name, or image?
(Functionally its working just fine, I just miss the pretty stuff!)

Did it work before? I thought you had a working environment after a previous change I suggested.

Yeah it worked before (images/now playing on recorded, channel only in live) but that was on the original posters release, with your fix applied (0-1, 1-0) back in January, other than that I hadn’t touched it.

Seeing as you’ve been doing some work to it I figured I would try your branch.
I have realised though that it now shows ‘YouTube’ when I’m watching YouTube which is great!
I’m wondering if the standard Media player on the latest release doesn’t support images? (but I thought it did).
Previously I used the minimal media player, or whatever it’s called.

So it may be user error! :slight_smile:

I’m using mini media player, which I think is complaining about a deprecated method of getting an image. Maybe that is the problem. The fact it is getting the application suggests it is getting most of the info.

When I use the standard media control, I get an image at the right hand end.

I’ve sent you a private message, so maybe worth doing a little debugging.

Please can you give me the exact link to the file/s i must download to get images with mini media player card? I still cannot find them in your github…
Thanks in advance.
P.S. If you do prefer send me in private message…

Not sure from this whether your problem is installing the SkyQ integration, or installing mini media player (which is available via the HACS store).