Custom Component: Smarter Kettle and Coffee

In HACS, select redownload

thank you! downloaded and installed as you said not a fix and am still seeing the same error log as posted above

Did you restart home assistant after updating?

Restarted twice and even re added the account credentials…

update following your reply today…

I reinstalled and added my account and getting the below:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:604
First occurred: 19:48:27 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:49:55

Error setting up entry *********@gmail.com for smarter
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 604, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/smarter/init.py”, line 20, in async_setup_entry
devices = await hub.discover_devices(user)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/smarter/smarter_hub.py”, line 70, in discover_devices
return await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(_discover_devices)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/smarter/smarter_hub.py”, line 63, in _discover_devices
return list(
^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/smarter/smarter_hub.py”, line 65, in
load_from_network(network, user.identifier)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/smarter_client/managed_devices/init.py”, line 13, in load_from_network
network.fetch()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/smarter_client/domain/models.py”, line 46, in fetch
self._init_data()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/smarter_client/domain/models.py”, line 343, in _init_data
self.access_tokens_fcm = self._data.get(‘access_tokens_fcm’)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get’

Please try again. I didn’t update the dependency version in the home assistant manifest (there are two places), so it overrode it on install.

Hi @kbirger

I’ve just installed this onto my HA setip and have to say I’m really impressed with it. I’ve had this kettle for about 3 years now, and the actual app that comes with it is a bit useless, so it never gets looked at.

The kettle has been faultless since I first set it up though so it was worth the money. The HA entities that you have provided allow for so many automation possibilities, and I’m looking forward to having a play around with them.

Thank you for developing this. I’m very, very impressed by what you have achieved.

Keep up the great work.

Mike.

1 Like

Hi @Muddy_Boots, I’m very grateful to hear such a wonderful review. Thanks for taking the time to write.

I’m glad it’s working well for you. Please let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to see.

I’ve pushed another dev version. v0.3.1-dev.4 uses an updated version of my smarter-client package, which depends on a fork I created of pyrebase4. Hopefully, this should address the incompatibility between the version of requests-toolbelt used here and in other packages.

@wrighty001 @nerdtech please give it a shot

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for this awesome integration. It was making me physically sick having to use IFTTT to turn my WiFi-enabled kettle on and off.

Unfortunately, I’m hitting a snag - every time HA starts, I get an error saying the integration was ‘not loaded’, and there’s no option to reload it. To get it to work, I have to delete the integration, restart HA and then add it again.

I’m using 0.3.1-dev.3 - HA and HACS up-to-date.

Core2024.9.1
Supervisor2024.09.1
Operating System13.1
Frontend20240906.0
HACS 2.0.1

Log entry:

Logger: homeassistant.util.package
Source: util/package.py:123
First occurred: 3:52:39 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:52:48 PM

Unable to install package smarter-client==0.2.2: ERROR: Ignored the following versions that require a different python version: 0.2.2 Requires-Python >=3.12.5 ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement smarter-client==0.2.2 (from versions: 0.0.0, 0.1.6, 0.1.7, 0.1.9, 0.2.0, 0.2.1, 0.2.3, 0.2.4) ERROR: No matching distribution found for smarter-client==0.2.2

Please treat me like the n00b I am if you have a moment to help? Thanks!

Hi @Ben_Terry ! I am happy that you are finding this helpful. Not a noob at all, it’s just pre-release software.

That version is actually broken, with that exact issue as you describe.

I forgot to select the checkbox to mark that release as a pre-release, and to not set it as the latest. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I just fixed that.

Please use either the stable 0.3.0, or the release just after the one you’re on: 0.4.0-dev.4

The dev build doesn’t have anything radically different, but it has slightly newer dependencies and is built against the latest version of home assistant. I’m running it right now with no problems. In theory, you should have a smaller chance of any sort of dependency conflicts with this version.