Custom Component solaredge-modbus-multi

@WillCodeForCats could you help me with your integration please, I’ve now got it working ok with two batteries, B1 & B2.

B1 Energy Import and Export is a little hit and miss, as it keeps loosing the following sensors, and they flip back to “unknown”

• sensor.solaredge_b1_energy_import
  • sensor.solaredge_b1_energy_export

If I reboot Home Assistant it reconnects to both these sensors and B1 Energy Export starts to count up again from 0.00kWh when I think it should remember where it was and carry on counting up like it does for B2 (which works fine) come the morning after the battery has had imports then the other sensor starts to count up again from 0.00kWh and all is back to normal. (apart from low counts for B1)

Is this due to SolarEdge or the integration please?

Energy counters for batteries are often an unreliable source. It’s documented in the Known Issues wiki page. There’s nothing I can do about it since it’s either a battery hardware or firmware problem. You can turn on the Allow Battery Energy to Reset option which would avoid having to restart or reload.

Energy counters for meters and inverters are reliable sources. It’s just batteries that aren’t.

Ok thanks :+1:

Do I have to re-install the integration to enable the “Allow Battery Counters to reset” as I can’t find it in the config?

It’s a configure option, not an install option.

hey…

could you share your energy.yaml with us/me? i would kindly ask for it :slight_smile:

It’s available in this thread here:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/solaredge-modbus-configuration-for-single-inverter-and-battery/464084

I installed this integration with succes.
I have two solaredge inverters (SE4K and SE6K).

In the modbus configuration the master is internet connected.

I can use the modbus data for both inverters.

But to monitor the production I need the SolarEdge integration that needs the API key.

It’s only possible to add the API key of the master.
The API key of the slave is not accepted.

Now it is impossible to monitor the production of the slave SolarEdge inverter.

Any suggestions?

This integration does not use API keys.

I know, this integration doesn’t show the production data, needed for the energy dashboard .

There is a SolarEdge integration for this function.
It requires API key.
But only the master is connected with internet.
The API from the slave inverter is not accepted.

Thus I can’t show the production from the slave in the energy dashboard.

Sure it does, works with my energy dashboard just fine.

These entities are used for production in energy dashboard

Maybe you are using a different integration if you aren’t seeing these sensors, but this integration solaredge-modbus-multi absolutely does support energy dashboard (always has).

Yes, that is the solution.
Many thanks, I oversaw it.

1 Like

Just one question.
Total power today, this month, ect is not available via modbus.
For this data I need to use the other integration with API key.
But only the master is reachable.
How can I retrieve this data from the slave unit?

The utility meter integration can do daily/monthly energy.

If you heed help with another integration you can open a new topic for that.

Edit: and obviously energy dashboard already does day/week/month/year data.

I’ve been using this reliably for a while, but it’s now reporting

Connection unexpectedly closed 3.075599670410156e-05 seconds into read of 8 bytes without response from unit before it closed connection

Any thoughts what might be causing this, it started yesterday?

Try power cycling the inverter (cold boot).

How would I do that?

Update, although I didn’t power cycle the inverter it now seems to be working again after restarting HA following an update on another add-on.

I had managed to connect to the inverter using its local WiFi and toggle the Modbus on and off as well.

Quick update. I’ve had the same error, connection unexpectedly closed, a few times now and it would appear that restarting HA seems to fix it. Does this suggest it’s a HA issue rather than the inverter?

It’s possible. How long is your HA install running for without updates or restarts before the error appeared? With as fast as HA releases updates, mine are never running for more than a month before the next major update so it’s not something I’ve seen personally.