Custom Component solaredge-modbus-multi

These entities are used for production in energy dashboard

Maybe you are using a different integration if you aren’t seeing these sensors, but this integration solaredge-modbus-multi absolutely does support energy dashboard (always has).

Yes, that is the solution.
Many thanks, I oversaw it.

1 Like

Just one question.
Total power today, this month, ect is not available via modbus.
For this data I need to use the other integration with API key.
But only the master is reachable.
How can I retrieve this data from the slave unit?

The utility meter integration can do daily/monthly energy.

If you heed help with another integration you can open a new topic for that.

Edit: and obviously energy dashboard already does day/week/month/year data.

I’ve been using this reliably for a while, but it’s now reporting

Connection unexpectedly closed 3.075599670410156e-05 seconds into read of 8 bytes without response from unit before it closed connection

Any thoughts what might be causing this, it started yesterday?

Try power cycling the inverter (cold boot).

How would I do that?

Update, although I didn’t power cycle the inverter it now seems to be working again after restarting HA following an update on another add-on.

I had managed to connect to the inverter using its local WiFi and toggle the Modbus on and off as well.

Quick update. I’ve had the same error, connection unexpectedly closed, a few times now and it would appear that restarting HA seems to fix it. Does this suggest it’s a HA issue rather than the inverter?

It’s possible. How long is your HA install running for without updates or restarts before the error appeared? With as fast as HA releases updates, mine are never running for more than a month before the next major update so it’s not something I’ve seen personally.

I tend to update it shortly after each update so it gets restarted fairly regularly.

Two questions
First :
energy meter -----> solaredge inverter ------> HA ( all via modbus )
What meter readings (from energy meter) are available in real time in HA?

Second:

Now i use Solaredge modbus custom component…
Do I have to delete it first before use your version?

Thankyou !

All possible meter data points are available. I don’t have a list of them but it has everything modbus allows for.

I recommend removing other modbus integrations.

1 Like

My inverter is accessed via wi-fi. I’m polling it every 15 seconds and it works reliably except that many times during the day the integration reports a timeout, example below. I’ve tried longer polling intervals but the errors still occur (just not as often of course). Is there any way to adjust the timeout period please?

2023-05-07 15:19:23.213 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [pymodbus.logging] Connection to (192.168.XXX.XXX, 1502) failed: timed out
2023-05-07 15:19:23.215 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.solaredge_modbus_multi] Error fetching SolarEdge Coordinator data: Could not open Modbus/TCP connection to 192.168.XXX.XXX

Network connections other than wired ethernet are known to be less reliable with SE inverters and modbus. Read: Error fetching SolarEdge Coordinator data · WillCodeForCats/solaredge-modbus-multi · Discussion #245 · GitHub

@WillCodeForCats - I’m still seeing the same error Connection unexpectedly closed with some days being worse than others. I’ve enabled debug logging, so I’ll see if that shows anything.

Now that is strange…

I enabled debug logging and I’ve just looked at the log file.

Whilst the integration is still reporting:
Screenshot 2023-05-10 175328

The log is showing…

2023-05-10 17:55:41.194 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.solaredge_modbus_multi.hub] solaredge_modbus_multi configuration: number_of_inverters=1, start_device_id=1, detect_meters=True, detect_batteries=False, single_device_entity=True, keep_modbus_open=False, advanced_power_control=False, adv_storage_control=False, adv_site_limit_control=False, allow_battery_energy_reset=False, sleep_after_write=3, battery_rating_adjust=0, 
2023-05-10 17:55:41.195 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.solaredge_modbus_multi.hub] coordinator timeout is 30
2023-05-10 17:55:41.213 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.solaredge_modbus_multi] Finished fetching SolarEdge Coordinator data in 0.018 seconds (success: False)
2023-05-10 17:57:01.636 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.solaredge_modbus_multi.hub] solaredge_modbus_multi configuration: number_of_inverters=1, start_device_id=1, detect_meters=True, detect_batteries=False, single_device_entity=True, keep_modbus_open=False, advanced_power_control=False, adv_storage_control=False, adv_site_limit_control=False, allow_battery_energy_reset=False, sleep_after_write=3, battery_rating_adjust=0, 
2023-05-10 17:57:01.637 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.solaredge_modbus_multi.hub] coordinator timeout is 30

Don’t know if this helps at all!

Hi there after yesterdays upgrade to the latest version of the integration I am seeing the following WARNING in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor.recorder
Source: components/sensor/recorder.py:349
Integration: Sensor ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/sensor), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+sensor%22))
First occurred: 12:41:59 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:41:59

Entity sensor.solaredge_m1_imported_kwh from integration solaredge_modbus_multi has state class total_increasing, but its state is not strictly increasing. Triggered by state 12367.83 (12367.83) with last_updated set to 2023-05-12T10:31:59.425378+00:00. Please report it to the custom integration author.

Any hints or good advice is appreciated - thanks in advance.

Hey there
Thanks for this addon and the perfect installation documentation!
I got a second Inverter and switched from the older modbus integration to this multi integration here.
Due to the perfect docs installation and configuration was done without any problems.
But I still got some questions (Because Im a HomeAssistant Noob).
I got 3 SolarEdge Devices (Inverter1, Inverter2, and the powermeter), this are all devices I own.
I now created 2 sensors for the total PV production:

template:
  - sensor:
    - name: "pvproduktionacgesamt"
      unique_id: "PV Produktion AC Gesamt"
      unit_of_measurement: "W"
      state_class: "measurement"
      state: "{{ states('sensor.solaredge_i2_ac_power')|float + states('sensor.solaredge_i1_ac_power')|float }}"

- name: "pvproduktiondcgesamt"
      unique_id: "PV Produktion DC Gesamt"
      state: "{{ states('sensor.solaredge_i2_dc_power')|float + states('sensor.solaredge_i1_dc_power')|float }}"

For an PV excess automation Im using I need an combined import/export sensor, where import needs positive values and export needs negativ values.
Therefor Im using the M1 AC Power sensor, but here its the other way round (import is negative, export is positiv). To solve this I created another sensor:

- name: "netzverbrauch"
      unique_id: "Netzverbrauch"
      state: "{{ states('sensor.solaredge_m1_ac_power')|float*-1 }}"

And lastly I did setup my energy dashboard with following values:

As mentioned before, Im kinda new to HomeAssistant (but trying). But sometimes Im not 100% sure what Im doing.
So it would be awesome if someone can check if my configuration is correct and useful.

Looks good to me.