[Custom Component] Tapo: Cameras Control

Hi, i can’t integrate my C310 camera, at the end of the installation in the integration, we ask me the cloud password. But how can we add a C310 cam to a cloud account ? thanks !

EDIT : tried tpcamera apps ( for cloud ) it only accept NCxxx cam…

Hello, use the official Tapo app to add the camera first.

Hey no idea why that would be happening. In any case, this is definitely not an integration issue so you should start looking for this issue in general with hass streams.

Hi, i have FW 1.1.7 and HA core-2021.6.4. But I have this error 2021-06-11 18:38:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No version key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘tapo_control’. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘tapo_control’
Unfortunately the camera is not working and there is no image in HA. HA says there is no integration

Is your Tapo customer component updated? Try to re-install the custom component.

Either update the integration or make sure to install correctly if installing manually. There needs to be a manifest file in the folder if copying manually.

I installing manualy. I have this manifest file :frowning:

{
    "domain": "tapo_control",
    "name": "Tapo: Cameras Control",
    "documentation": "https://github.com/JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control",
    "issue_tracker": "https://github.com/JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control/issues",
    "codeowners": ["@JurajNyiri"],
    "requirements": [
      "pytapo==1.1.2",
      "onvif-zeep-async==1.0.0",
      "zeep[async]==4.0.0"
    ],
    "dependencies": ["ffmpeg"],
    "config_flow": true
  }

I assume that when you say “Everything still works…”, then “Everything” still excludes the auto track feature? Or has that started working again on the camera too?

I haven’t checked the auto track.

Your manifest is really old. Version tag was added at Mar 3, 2021.
It means you are running older version than 3.1.2 and you are missing out on a lot of new features.

Grab the latest version, or just use HACS, its simpler and makes sure you are up to date.

I would be interested about that as well, if you have some free time for it.

I am planning to update to the latest firmware, but the tracking and the Logo on the feed stopped me.

As I understand the Logo can be removed from the Tapo app.

As per 1.1.8:

• Camera responds properly to autotrack service calls
  • Camera reports autotrack status
  • Camera does not track target.

Logo can be removed. Option showed up for me after resetting the app a few times.

1 Like

Guys,

Can I use C100 or C200 without SD Card, saving the videos to my Synology NAS? (where HA is actually running through Docker).

Yes, I’ve been using mine for months without an SSD and everything is saved to my HA server.

1 Like

The synchronise time feature was a great surprise to find time synchronisation when I added a new camera recently as I haven’t gotten a local ntp service to work on my edgerouter yet. I’ve noticed the time seems to sync on an incorrect time zone though. It’s an hour ahead of my sensor.time state. I checked the app and the camera is set to UTC 00:00 Europe/London whilst home assistant is set to Europe/London GMT 00:00 London. I’m on v3.3.3 of the integration and running HA on docker.

I have the same issue being in Europe/Berlin timezone - one hour later on the tapo when syncronizing time

@Morphy @alexw1982 This might be related to Bug: Time synchronization still in winter time · Issue #87 · JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control · GitHub please open new issue.

Can you also please confirm if following python3 code:

import datetime
import time

now = datetime.datetime.utcnow()
print(time.localtime().tm_isdst)
print(now.hour if time.localtime().tm_isdst == 0 else now.hour + 1)

Reports correct UTC hour for you? It should report UTC+1 if you are in daylight saving currently (summer time). Please note down what is the correct hour and what did script output at that time.

Also try setting timezone through Tapo app to something else like UTC+5 and back to whatever is correct for you.

Please also note down if you have blocked the camera in firewall. Not blocking them might have unexpected results.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m running the code correctly but I get this:

# python tapo.py

I assume this is correct for the time being 6:50?

I changed the timezone to UTC +01:00 and back and it corrected the time :slightly_smiling_face:

Have them blocked on the router yes, hence why I was happy to see this feature!

Just tried rebooting one of them and it hasn’t got the correct time or date now though, when is it supposed to synchronise? Tried refreshing the options in the integration but only restarting Home Assistant would work.

I assume this is correct for the time being 6:50?

Depends, are you living in UTC timezone? And or time being 6:50 in UTC?

I changed the timezone to UTC +01:00 and back and it corrected the time

Does this mean the issue is resolved now?

Just tried rebooting one of them and it hasn’t got the correct time or date now though, when is it supposed to synchronise? Tried refreshing the options in the integration but only restarting Home Assistant would work.

It synchronises every couple of hours and at home assistant start.

Yep UTC 00:00 Europe/London. The time was 6:50 when I ran the python script.

It’s resolved as in that fixed it. Why the integration synching the time made them go an hour ahead, isn’t fixed afaik. I just checked firmwares and they’re on 1.1.7 where as another newer one I updated recently has 1.1.8. I can’t recall if that one suffered the same problem, probably not as internet access.

EDIT: I’m just going to test restarting them to see when they sync the time and if it occurs again.

1 Like