[Custom Component] Tapo: Cameras Control

I have a new firmware (version 1.1.9) pending for my Tapo C200. Anybody running it successfully with this integration?

Updated two days ago. No issues so farā€¦(besides the one hour delay on the timestamp but that is not related to the firmware version)

1 Like

On 1.1.8 the issue still occurs. Flipping time zones resolves temporarily as after updating, the issue reoccurred.

@bergfalk no issues so far. The logo can be removed in this version again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I use a remote-controlled outlet and an automation script to turn on the camera when leaving home. This integration appears not to be compatible with this method. I get a lot of communication errors in the log and cannot control the camera when it is restarted without reloading the integration.

Does anybody else have the same problem or is everybody keeping their cameras on 24-7?

@alexw1982: Thanks for the quick replay regarding the update.

Hello, integration should pick up when camera comes online unless it changes ip. I am not running this setup but did test it with restarting the camera for example.

Network errors are expected when camera is offline. It will also show up as unavailable.

1 Like

@JurajNyiri Thanks for the quick answer.

I guess I have to ignore all the connection errors in the home assistant log then.

I got my automations to work now. The problems I had earlier that required a reload of the integration occurred when home assistant was restarted with the cameras turned off.

You can use the privacy mode instead a plug. The camera can be kept on 24/7. The result is kinda the same.

Thanks for the Template. But it doesnā€™t work for me. Noise Detection is always falseā€¦

Additional Note: My Firmware is 1.0.16

Hello, is the Tapo C210 compatible with this integration?

Did you restart and do troubleshooting as described in GitHub - JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control: Control for Tapo cameras as a Home Assistant component ?

Nobody reported that yet, but most probably should be. Let us know when/if you try please.

I removed the whole integration, custom_component and added it again. This wasnā€™t successful. Is my firmware maybe to old?

Firmware is not affecting this.

1. Install integration
  2. Restart
  3. Enable sound detection
  4. Restart
  5. Try now

If it still doesnā€™t work, make sure you do troubleshooting steps as linked above.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using this integration for a while now and it works great. One feature I miss though is the ability to do a 90-degree rotation by software. Due to how my camera is installed (baby room, up in a wall) the image needs a 90 degree rotation so the cradle shows horizontal. I looked at the ONVIF integration and it offers passing extra parameters to ffmpeg so this can be done, reference: Rotate a camera image 90 degrees - #4 by RobDYI

extra_arguments: -vf "transpose=2"

Any chance that this custom component could include an extra configuration parameter in the GUI configuration workflow to allow us to pass arguments to ffmpeg?

1 Like

Yes! Please open a new feature request on github.

I really donā€™t know why but now itā€™s working. Thank you and sorry for bothering. Great Component. I really appreciate your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 3.4.0 ā†ŗ

Description

This release adds ability to add extra arguments to ffmpeg. It allows you to for example rotate stream via software or do anything that you can do with libraries like ffmpeg or onvif on Home Assistant.

It also includes improvements to error messages and better information in the setup process to prevent user confusion with what data to input.

@ariel

3 Likes

Thanks @JurajNyiri for the fast response!! just tested and it works like a charm

@JurajNyiri I noticed that the ffmpeg argument is indeed used for the image displayed by picture-glance in the GUI, however when you click on the image and the stream pops up, the extra argument does not seem to be taking effect (in my case, there is no transpose), is it possible to pass the argument to both the basic image sequence fed to picture-glance and also the one that gets streamed to the browser when the cam image is clicked?

1 Like

It works the same way as ffmpeg or onvif. If you want video flipped you need to turn off stream in integration options or globally in config yaml.