[Custom Component] Tapo: Cameras Control

Should now be fixed in Release 5.1.1 · JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control · GitHub .

1 Like

Hi, I am trying add tapo cameras control to HA but it ask me the cloud account. I suppose that it is tapo care, but I don’t have it. Is that necessary to connect the camera to HA? Thanks

In your camera-app on your phone, you have to create a “account” for external" view
in the APP click settings/advance-settings/device-account

PS: on Android app, … on IOS i have no idea, and dont care :slight_smile:

It is password to the email account you are signing into the Tapo app with. Not tapo care.

Thank you for fixing it in such a short time! Now it works, but I assume there is another bug connected to a timestamp of the recording. The error that the recording is still in progress is shown for one hour after the end of the recording. After an hour elapses, the recording can be downloaded. The clocks on the HA, camera and recording time in the media player are all correct.

You are right. Could you please create a new issue to track this bug? We will need to fix the camera time just like we did for showing times of recordings.

Can someone help me to setup TTS on tapo? I’ve webrtc installed and added the Mediaplayer but config check complaints about no data for stream … can someone post the right config ?

Hi, is anyone having issue with the binary sensor for motion detection on Tapo C200?

It was working fine but now that I have updated both HA and Tapo Cameras Control the binary sensor for motion detection is unavailable.

I tried to delete my C200 and re-configure it and now I no longer have a binary sensor for motion detection.

How can I restore the binary sensor?

Also, my logs are getting flooded with this error:

Logger: custom_components.tapo_control
Source: custom_components/tapo_control/init.py:322
Integration: Tapo: Cameras Control (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:15:43 AM (25 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:21:43 AM

Unexpected error fetching Tapo resource status data: <pytapo.Tapo object at 0x7f07ecced390>

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py”, line 250, in _async_refresh self.data = await self._async_update_data() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py”, line 206, in _async_update_data return await self.update_method() File “/config/custom_components/tapo_control/init.py”, line 322, in async_update_data entity[“camData”] = updateDataForAllControllers[ KeyError: <pytapo.Tapo object at 0x7f07ecced390>

HA 2023.4.6
Tapo Cameras Control v5.1.2
Tapo C200 v1.3.5

Thanks

As for the error try clean install, something must have gone wrong.

1 Like

I have the same problem, since the update the binary sensor has been lost

Having a strange issue where it says “You are running Home Assistant version ‘2023.5.0b2’, but this repository requires minimum version ‘2023.5.0’ to be installed.” I’ve updated to the latest version that is available to no avail. I’m having to reinstall my entire HASS system and it’s running on my old VM fine on an older version…Any idea what’s going on here?

Thank you!

Hello!

I’ve bought a Tapo C200 today, and the integration looks promising - that YT video from Patte Tech makes it look easy :slight_smile: - Integrando Câmeras TP-Link Tapo C100 C200 C310 no Home Assistant - YouTube

The issue is, I cant get past the credentials screen. I’m tripple sure I’m putting the right login and password that is configured in the Tapo app, in camera advanced settings, and it also works perfect in VLC. Is this a known issue?

Hi, tell us the error you are getting and what you are seeing. As much as you can so that we can help you.

You can install manually for now until May release is released, just follow steps in readme.

Thanks for your quick response! Especially on the weekend :smiley:

Had to combine it all to one image, newbie rescritcions.

Basically the integration config interface launches, I put in the IP adress of the cam.
Then, the credentials - those are just for testing purposes, don’t worry, I’m sharing them conciously.
The interface returns a Invalid authentication data error.
While, when using the RTSP stream link format with the same credentials, I get video & audio.

Same, when using rtsp://192.168.0.150:554/stream1 in VLC - the program brings up a login prompt, and when I put those credentials - it works. For testing I’ve tried putting in fake credentials, and then as expected VLC does not load the stream.

I’m not sure if this helps much…

Hi, there is a limit of 2 concurrent streams, try to turn them all of and restarting the camera. You can also try enabling debug logs and see exactly what is going wrong.

I’ve closed the stream on any other device and it worked like a charm, thank you!

I just have to find out why i’m getting no audio - I’d knew that if I’d RTFM. Again, thanks for your help and patience!

Audio solution is also in readme! :smile: in faq.
You can use webrtc integration for audio.

Hi , i just installed “2023.5.0b5” and all my Cams vanished, couldn’t find any “relevant” errors , thou Errors related to Onviff, but these was from the Tapo_Controller integration(for my Tapo-Switches).

Anyone else lost their Cams, while installing latest Beta ?

PS: i just did a Rollback, as im not in the mood for troubleshooting… a handful Beers , Toast and snacks have higher priority this weekend :slight_smile:

EDIT: Maybe i was wrong, might have been Errors from this integration, anyways i’ll wait until official-release to install again.

You need to install Release 5.1.6 · JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control · GitHub with 2023.5.x releases.

2 Likes