[Custom Component] Tapo: Cameras Control

Thx , i did look in HACS for possible update, but didn’t Clicked “Re-download” to see if there was any “new” there :slight_smile: … im on 5.1.1, so i’ll give it a try on Wednesday :slight_smile: :+1:t4:

Hi there,

I am using the latest version of HA, but when I try to download this integration it says I need a newer version. I am using:

Home Assistant 2023.4.6
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 10.1
Frontend 20230411.1 - latest

Note, HA labels it as “latest” but the integration error says:

“You are running Home Assistant version ‘2023.4.6’, but this repository requires minimum version ‘2023.5.0’ to be installed.“

It does this if I try to download the integration version 5.1.6 or any of the versions available in HACS.

Please see attached. Your help is appreciated!

Try using 5.1.2 - that is the last one, that works for me on HA 2023.4.6

Hello,

For about one week, the integration for my 4 Tapo camera have the motion sensor moved to ‘Unavailable’ and reported as ‘Not supported anymore by the integration’.
With the recentsupport of Tapo app for Person detection, I have disable in my App the motion detection but I have select the person detection.
Is it why in HA the motion sensor is now unavailable?
It is planned to have 2 sensors now in HA: One for motion detection and one for person detection specifically?
Thanks for the very good work

How do I do that? It says the latest is the one I have, 4.‘something. There ain’t another HA to upgrade to they I can see.

Yes, the latest version is 5.1.6 which is only compatible with 2023.5.x. You need to use 5.1.2 with April release of ha. You can choose the version in hacs.

2023.5.x will be released today.

Apologies for probably being a derp and I am probably missing something but,

1 Like

Hey, you can install manually or wait a couple of hours for new ha version.

2 Likes

Cheers for the reply.

I’ll eat this huge kebab, then have a post kebab nap, and check back.

o7

Installed and working.

Thanks again.

Hi. Can you help me?

I’ve installed via HACS and I can see my camera on the Tapo App and I’ve noted down the IP address… 192.168.1.** - I’ve created the account in the app and saved the credentials. In HA I try to add the camera through integration and it won’t accept my IP. I’ve checked ports are open but nothing seems to work.

no-one can help you with so weak description, and no logfiles/error-messgaes or details about your network-setup

PS: No reason for you to “hide” your local ip (beside there is already only 254 numbers left if you think people can access your local system) , have you verified with your router, that it’s correct IP, are your HA on same network segment,

@boheme61 whilst I appreciate your reply - there’s no need to be quite so direct in slamming my post. I’m a newbie to HA and just after some help in how I can get to view my camera on the dashboard.

I have verified with router and it is the correct IP. What do you mean by 'are your HA on same network segment?

Hi,

Post screenshot of what you are seeing and logs.

Hi there, I have a weird issue with my C200 camera. I added it to HA some months ago and it was working fine till some days ago (dunno exactly when sadly). The thing is that the motion detection binary sensor stopped sending info. In HA I was seeing a message that said that tapo_control integration didn’t provided the value anymore. I removed and added the camera back to HA and now the binary sensor is not even there. I used angry ip scanner and it only showed 443 in the ports section. Does this mean the port 2020 used for motion detection is closed on the cam? Is that even possible? I see motion detection working just fine in tapo android app btw. Tapo camera firmware is 1.3.5 build 230307, tapo control version is 5.1.7, Home Assistant 2023.5.0, Supervisor 2023.04.1 and
Operating System 10.1

Update: I used nmap to check ports again and it shows all the correct ports opened, 443, 554, 2020 and 8800

Have you checked in Settings/Devices/Services whether it’s there, or its Disabled ? … choose the device and show entities

Firmware issue.

Thank you tp link for so much I guess :man_facepalming:. Thanks for the reply man!

1 Like

They released 1.3.6, try update(thou no fix there for the function) :frowning:
EDIT: Actually i get a motion detected in my Android APP, and after enable motion in HA, it’s enabled in the APP also(i didn’t enabled in APP) , thou no log in HA , hmmm