[Custom Component] Tapo P100 Plug Control

i have a l900 led strip and a l530e bulb. my ha only finds the led strip and i can only turn it off, not on

Hey james! May I ask how you got two plugs working? At the moment I only seem to be able to get one workingā€¦ If anyone else could be of any help, greatly appriciated! HA Noob here :wink:

Hey, so using the latest integration, i have just added three switches, each time using the IP of the switch and the same email/password combination.

I have assigned the switches static IPs in my network.

I have four Tapo P100s, and have had all four working well with Home Assistant Core (v2021.10.3) for a few months, thanks to this excellent component.
Yesterday however, two of the four plugs became inaccessible to HA - thereā€™s an ā€œEntity Not Availableā€ message alongside them on my Lovelace dashboard. The other two are still accessible. Both of the problem plugs are still accessible and controllable by the Tapo app on my phone, and their IP addresses remain correct (i.e. the same as those referenced in my configuration.yaml).
Iā€™ve tried restarting HA twice, and also restarting the router, but the same two plugs remain unavailable.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Edit: Iā€™ve just noticed that the P100s that are still working are running firmware v1.3.4, whereas the two that have dropped offline (from HA) are running v1.4.9.
???

I am now getting the same issue, thought Iā€™ll try and remove and then add it but I get a ā€œunexpected errorā€ when trying to add it back in.

Checked the firmware and the troublesome one is 1.4.9

My others on 1.2.10 are working fine.

I am on 2021.12.2

Iā€™ve just unplugged both of the problem Tapos and plugged them back in after a few minutes, then restarted HA. They are now both back online. So hopefully that means there isnā€™t a serious problem with the 1.4.9 firmware

Thatā€™s good to hear, I will try that after work. Hopefully will let me re-add it though!

I am using a Tapo P110 switch because I wanted to use the energy monitor.
It is working great (on/off) but there are no energy monitoring!

What I am doing wrong ?

TAPO Conroller v1.2.1
HA 2021.12.3

Everytime I start my HA I get this error for tapo:

021-12-27 11:07:11 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.tapo.common_setup] Error fetching tapo data

is there a solution for it? The switches seem to be working fine despite this error. Thank you

Hey, just setting up HA for the first time and Iā€™ve got one bulb left that wonā€™t play ball ā€“ a L530.

Iā€™ve got HA running on a fresh Raspberry Pi install using the [ Install Home Assistant Operating System instructions.

Iā€™ve used the SSH add-on to clone the Github repository and move the correct directory so that I end up with the files in /config/custom_components/tapo_p100_control/ and everything is set to 777 with chmod as some overkill. My configuration.yaml looks like this:

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

light:
    platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.1.125
    email: [REDACTED]
    password: [REDACTED]

Iā€™m seeing nothing in logs, or in devices. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve made a rookie mistake somewhere, but Iā€™m lost as to where. Help massively appreciated, thanks!

I suggest you to install it from HACS Store and try again. (btw the ip address must be set as static from your router or DHCP server)

1 Like

Leo, the P100 plugs have a great setup within themselves though - that allows schedules for on|off - and you can have set times of sunrise|sunset (and +|- offsets from sunrise|sunset too). You might need the Android App to set that up though.
NOWā€¦ if that was available via HA tooā€¦ :slight_smile: Ian

I canā€™t add this type of feature. Cause the focus of home assistant integration is to provide a ā€œrightā€ way to communicate with some device wrapping it as light, plug, sensor, or anything else. Home assistant allow us to create automation based on these entities (e.g. an automation that use my plug p100). For example, I can create an automation that turn on or off my plug at specific time, or based on a states of others entities (e.g. a sun sensor, which is automatically provided by HA). So here you can find documentation about automation Automating Home Assistant - Home Assistant. And here Sunrise Sunset automation they trying to use sunrise sensor to turn on/off the lights. :slight_smile: @Leo_Gee @IanD3

Hi Al - Iā€™m a total HA n00b at the moment, and will be trying out these implementations, as my first batch of devices are P100 switches (x6), and L510/L530 bulbs (x11) :slight_smile:

Iā€™d like to add a massive thanks to the developers and contributors for working on these devices and all the coding to create the implementations that has been done so far :smiley:

Iā€™ve made sure to read the threads end to end, so hopefully wonā€™t have to add any repeated questions :slight_smile: I also have some L900 (x4) RGB light strips Iā€™d like to add later on, that Iā€™ve not seen mentioned yet - Once I am up and running with the other parts, and have half a clue what I am doing, would there be anything I could do to share info about these devices, so they can be controlled/supported too?

My final question is to do with the number of TAPO devices - am not sure if I read this right, but a few comments mentioned control slowing down over time, requiring a restart of HA/TAPO devices. As most of my devices are all TAPO (Thanks to pre-xmas sales!) Iā€™ll have over 20 of them in daily use. Does anyone know if this is likely to be an issue? (Iā€™m not too worried if I have to restart HA often, as Iā€™d still rather use that, and the implementations kindly made here, over the TAPO / Internet based app any day) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi, the L900, is already support by my integration. Regarding the high device number, honestly, I donā€™t know if it will go slow, I never tried in a large scale context. So you can try and report any issue :slight_smile:

Thanks so much @pedro96 for this great integration! Iā€™m just getting started with HA and have multiple Tapo plugs - so was very relieved to get this working!

I set up my first plug via the UI, but added subsequent ones via configuration.yaml. I canā€™t find the details for the first plug (set up via UI) - where are these stored in case I need to edit them?

Hi @pedro96 - Thatā€™s amazing, thank you so much :smiley: Iā€™ve been having to work lots of overtime this week, so my HA implementation has been stalled, but Iā€™ll report back on this thread once I have it working, and added all the devices :smiley: Iā€™ll then update again over time to report back if anything slows down etc. :slight_smile: Thanks again :smiley:

Hi, in Home Assistant the entities configured via UI are stored into an internal db like. So you canā€™t modify it. You can set up it through configuration.yaml like your second plug

Great Job with the Tapo Controller. Now all 3 Tapo bulbs works fine. befor with the intergration from fishbigger doesnĀ“t work.

thx

1 Like

Thanks! Understood.

Really great integration - thank you!

1 Like