[Custom Component] Tapo P100 Plug Control

Thankss guys for report. There are some breaking changes regardin python into 2020.7. I will fix It as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s awesome :slight_smile: yeah I was about to post this error message.

Unable to install package plugp100==2.1.6: ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: command: /usr/local/bin/python3 /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py build_wheel /tmp/tmpk1l1rsw6 cwd: /tmp/pip-install-gc1_snf3/multidict

But you already got it.

Guys, for the moment donā€™t update to 2021.7. this new update introduce python3.9. This integration use some external dependecies which Is not available as wheels for python3.9. I currently working to make a single bundle with updated wheels

You already pushed an update out to fix the issue. All works again. Awesome. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

Stupid questionā€¦ But is this integration fully local or does it depend on a cloud/external server?

anybody get colour to work for the Tapo 510 bulbs?

Hello everyone,
I got my Tapo p100 working in my HA following this post.
It worked great up to a few weeks ago, when it started giving me this error:
Platform error switch.tapo_p100_control - Integration 'tapo_p100_control' not found.
I couldnā€™t make it work again.
Has anyone experienced the same issue? Is it due to recent updates in Home Assistant core?
Thank you in advance

After update core-2021.9.4 this morning, it works properly thru pedro96ā€™s integration. https://github.com/petretiandrea/home-assistant-tapo-p100

Thanks a lot

Have you update homeassistsnt?

The communication between integration and tapo devices are fully local :grin:

Thanks for replying :+1:

Iā€™ve edited your sensor code to change it from being KWh (cumulative) to mWatts (real-time).

Is there anyway you could incorporate that into your code, maybe as an attribute of the sensor?

Hey. So, how now you can configure multiple plugs?
Iā€™ve tried methods described before but no luck with wrong credentials error
But with only single config from your message all works.

switch: 
  - platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.50.65
    email: mail
    password: pass
  - platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.50.222
    email: mail
    password: pass

that one not working
UPDATE:
Looks like it is working, but you need to switch plugs in upp while loading and setting up
But there is really huge switching lag :frowning: Connection constantly lost, cant switch normally, i do not want to buy another six xiaomi plugs inistead of tapo :(((
After resetting HA all plugs are lost.
So as it seems both versions, tapo_p100_control and tapo_controller cant properly hold connect now. From first side - invalid credentials error, from second side - error fetching tapo data.
HA v. 2021.9.7

So I add https://github.com/petretiandrea/home-assistant-tapo-p100/commits?author=petretiandrea) by HACS . added the Sockets in the integration added the device in lovelace. I can control the device from lovelace or via the developer tool, but when I come to create an Automation or script they dont appear in the list of devices. any ideas ?

A new version is available, 1.2.0.

Changelog:

• support for P110 energy monitoring
  • allow adding entity from configuration.yaml, domain supported: switch, light, sensor

Also, in the README file there is a new video that show steps to install integration correctly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks heaps Pedro , everyone must watch the youtube clip , to under this :slight_smile:

Ps remember to use your Tapo account username and pwd at the connection stage

hey dude,

iā€™ve installed the integration and have managed to add my two p100 switches perfectly.

i have one p110 that works in the app but when i add it (using the same credentials as the p100 switches) i get an ā€˜invalid authenticationā€™ error.

any ideas what i can try please? All the switches are setup in the app and working there under the same account.

Hey everyone! Just used Pedroā€™s integration and works great! To anyone wondering (i got stuck on it for some minutes), once youā€™re trying to add the device on integrations, hereā€™s a tip on the info you have to add:
Host: the IP address of your switch (you can find it on tapo app)
user: what worked for me was my whole email (I wasnt sure if it was either the email or the username you can choose on the app. In the end the email did the trick)
Password: the password for the tapo app (and just re-confirming what Pedro said, it worked for a password longer than 8 characters).

Thanks for a great job on this integration!

pls can i bump?

Iā€™m also keen to understand what dependencies this has on the TP-Link cloud. From local testing it seems that P100 switches can be controlled when there is no internet connection, but I guess any change of config (e.g. login credentials) would require the TP-Link app and/or cloud?

Hi all, I am unable to see Tapo Controller when I go to set up a new integration. I can see the item in HACS. any ideas? running HA Core with 2021.11.5