Custom configuration of Aqualink light effects

Hi, brand new to HA, got my Pi 4 set up yesterday, hassio installed, linked to Google Home, and I’m using this custom configuration to hopefully be able to voice control my pool functions:
[Jandy iAqualink Pool Integration](http://Jandy iAqualink Pool Custom Component)

I’m able to voice control the things that show simple switches in hassio and the Google Home app, but I’d like to be able to voice control the light effects (colors), which show up in hassio but not the Google Home app. I assume I need to edit the configurationyaml to assign these effects unique names, but I have no idea how to do this. The configuration editor shows the effects as well, can I assign unique effect names in there somehow?

I can toggle the pool light and water features, and the light effect can be controlled via the card. I have to flip the card switch to turn on the light, then select the effect from the drop down. This is the configuration I’m attempting to select the color. Google Home just responds with it doesn’t understand, but there’s no errors from HA:

intent_script:
  PoolLight:
    speech:
      text: Turn the pool light [to] {{ color }}.
    action:
      entity_id: light.pool_light
      service: light.turn_on
      data:
        effect:
          - "{% if color == 'red' %}'MAGENTA'{% else %}'WHITE'{% endif %}"

This works through Google Home:

script:
  blue_light:
    alias: Blue Light
    sequence:
      service: light.turn_on
      entity_id: light.pool_light
      data:
        effect: 'SKY_BLUE' 

But it seems the GH command - “Activate the blue light”, is specific to the alias. Do I need to make a new script for each color, or is there a way to pass a variable into the alias?

Interested in this topic… did you had any progress on sending color variable to google home?

1 Like