Custom cover integration refuses to work - I'm at a loss

Hello.

Very new to this communitity and have just started dipping into some custom integrations. I’ve been using official documentation and various tutorials scattered around the internet and have managed to get the functionality working (blind goes up and down), at least locally, but it will not work now I’ve converted it to a custom_components within HA.

I’m integrating a BLE blind made by Tuiss/Blinds2go, by sending a single command using bleak to the device via it’s UUID and Mac address. I’ve split the custom code in ha2tuiss.py, made an custom copy of cover.py and have the manifest.json and init.py files with what I believe is the minimum. Right now I just want to get the thing working. I’ve spent a few hours tearing my hair out and I can’t see anything wrong with the files I’ve created and Home Assistant isnt giving much back in the way of errors (see below).

To add an entity I am adding this to the configuration.yaml file

cover:
  - platform: ha2tuiss
    name: "Study_Blind"
    mac: "EB:CE:1B:BC:53:2C"

When I run Check Configuration before the restart, it never completes, but when I hit restart I get “not enough values to unpack (expected 1, got 0)”, which is the logs is the below error.

My code can be found here (github.com). If someone is able to take a look and spot what I hope is an obvious issue, I’ll be forever grateful.

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: util/package.py:47
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:42:40 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:42:40 PM

[547456668752] not enough values to unpack (expected 1, got 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/package.py", line 40, in is_installed
    pkg_resources.get_distribution(package)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 476, in get_distribution
    dist = Requirement.parse(dist)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3147, in parse
    req, = parse_requirements(s)
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 1, got 0)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 200, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1745, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1782, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/__init__.py", line 515, in async_handle_core_service
    errors = await conf_util.async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 974, in async_check_ha_config_file
    res = await check_config.async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 214, in async_check_ha_config_file
    p_integration = await async_get_integration_with_requirements(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 51, in async_get_integration_with_requirements
    return await manager.async_get_integration_with_requirements(domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 170, in async_get_integration_with_requirements
    await self._async_process_integration(integration, done)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 185, in _async_process_integration
    await self.async_process_requirements(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 251, in async_process_requirements
    await self._async_process_requirements(name, missing)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 276, in _async_process_requirements
    installed, failures = await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 112, in _install_requirements_if_missing
    if pkg_util.is_installed(req) or _install_with_retry(req, kwargs):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/package.py", line 47, in is_installed
    req = pkg_resources.Requirement.parse(urlparse(package).fragment)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3147, in parse
    req, = parse_requirements(s)
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 1, got 0)

Hello @pink88

I am about to jump onto that boat.
I noticed that your github repo has been deleted (or the link was bad). Have you made any progress? Maybe I can help (when those thing finally arrive)