Custom Dark Sky Animated Weather Card

You are correct. Your list is in a different order than mine and I missed icon in yours… Anyway other than wind_bearing I don’t see that you are missing anything. and you have said you added that. I assume you restarted HA after adding it ?

I’m still stuck on the fact that the error you mention can’t be presented in the version you say you have.

Let’s start from scratch…

1. What version on HA are you using ?

2. Can you post a screen shot of the error you are getting

3. Post any messages in the log pertaining to the card

4. Post any messages in the log pertaining to DarkSky when you restart HA

That error indicates that you are exceeding the maximum number of API calls so Dark Sky won’t let you connect.

According to the Dark Sky site you get 1000 API calls per day for free.

I specify my update interval as: minutes: 5 yours looks like: ‘00:30:00’. You said it worked before an update. Maybe the Darksky platform can no longer take update intervals in that format so it is updating to fast? I don’t know… but try changing that to minutes: 30 instead and see if it helps. You will need to wait a day for your count to reset.

Just to cover the basics:

You restarted HA after adding the card and Dark Sky Config
You cleared the browser cache
You Refreshed the UI

Something else to try (although it shouldn’t be needed anymore) is to increase the version number for the card in ui-lovelace. You currently list it as 7.1 try changing it to 7.2 or 8 or something larger to make sure lovelace knows it’s a new version.

What version of HA are you using? You mentioned you are using YAML mode so I assume you are using .84. Are you sure that you have YAML mode turned on?

Hi Mark! I’m stucked, maybe you could help to find the solution. I use an RPi 3 with 0.84.6., i never used this card before.

The card can’t be loaded, I see only the white field. Both of my errors are js file related:

Under Chrome I got this error message: 143:79 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘state’ of undefined.

And under Firefox I got this: 143:41 TypeError: hass.states[daily.templow] is undefined.

This is line 143: `
${Math.round(hass.states[daily.templow].state)}${getUnit(‘temperature’)}

As I know every needed sensors are included in sensors.yaml and all the values are readable except`sensor.dark_sky_temperature_1, sensor.dark_sky_temperature_2, sensor.dark_sky_temperature_3 and sensor.dark_sky_temperature_4, they values are unknown.

I tried to readd every sensor, cleared the cache, increased the “v” value, rebooted multiple times and now I don’t know what else to try.

What is your opinion?

I had a similar issue, it was in line 49 so I just deleted it and no more debug errors in chrome, the line is:

${Math.round(this.hass.states[daily.templow].state)}${this.getUOM(‘temperature’)}

Thank you! And what is the result? Now you see the card?

You are not using the latest card from github. the getUnit method was replaced with getUOM.

Well… Sorry for that! :slight_smile: I will try to find the source.

If you remove that line you will not get low temperatures for daily blocks.

It would be better to correct the issue by determining which daily low temp was causing the issue. Most likely it was cause by a change made in the darksky platform a few versions ago where the 0th day forecast needed to be called out specifically. Some folks fixed it by passing in overnight_low_1 thru 5 instead of 0 thru 4. You can also just add 0 to the forecast in dark sky config and make sure the first low temp gets overnight_low_0 assigned. It has been discussed multiple times in these threads. A link to one discussion is here

1 Like

No worries… Link to post with the github links is here

:+1: I’ll have another stab and post back here with any results, thanks

Make sure to look through all the information in the link I provided, especially the info on Forecast day 0. I believe that is the issue in your original post.

It’s done! Thank you for your time! It looks amazing! :star_struck:

Thanks… Glad it’s working for you.

My Lovelace.yaml was:

entity_forecast_high_temp_5: sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_5
    entity_forecast_low_temp_1: sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature
    entity_forecast_low_temp_2: sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_1 

so i added _0 to become:

entity_forecast_high_temp_5: sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_5
    entity_forecast_low_temp_1: sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_0
    entity_forecast_low_temp_2: sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_1

and now it works. I really hate YAML. Thanks for pointing in the right direction @m.p.frankland

When i mouse-over I don’t get the popups - there are no errors in the log/debugging, any ideas?

I assume you have

tooltips: true

and

entity_summary_1: sensor.dark_sky_summary_1
entity_summary_2: sensor.dark_sky_summary_2
entity_summary_3: sensor.dark_sky_summary_3
entity_summary_4: sensor.dark_sky_summary_4
entity_summary_5: sensor.dark_sky_summary_5

in your card config and

- daily_summary

in your Dark sky config…

i do now :wink: thank you very much!

I did copy the config from your Readme.md but deleted the bottom half in the troubleshooting stages… all added back in now, cheers

locale: en
static_icons: false
sunset: true
tooltips: true
tooltip_bg_color: 'rgb( 75,155,239)'
tooltip_border_color: orange
tooltip_border_width: 3
tooltip_caret_size: 10
tooltip_fg_color: '#fff'
tooltip_left_offset: -5
tooltip_width: 100

Hi, pls read my comments below.

1. I´m using latest version of HA
  2. Screen shot is exactly the same
  3. and 4. There are no errors in logs

Really don´t know, what is wrong :frowning:

If using the latest version of HA .84.6… Are you using storage or yaml mode to configure lovelace?

Sure, other cards are working properly