Custom Domain through Nabu Casa not validated

Hello,

I want to access my Home Assistant with a custom subdomain home.example.com but it does not work.
My domain has been registered at Namecheap.com for years.

Here a the steps I followed:

• Go to https://account.nabucasa.com/
  • In the Settings page, section “Add Custom Domain”, I type my subdomain home.example.com
  • I’m asked to add two CNAME records so I go to namecheap.com
  • Select my domain name and got to “Advanced DNS” section
  • I add first CNAME record with host = home.example.com, value = 123456789fakevalue098765432.ui.nabu.casa and TTL = Automatic
  • I add second CNAME record with host = _acme-challenge.home.example.com, value = _acme-challenge.123456789fakevalue098765432.ui.nabu.casa and TTL = Automatic
  • Go back to Nabu Casa, click on “Validate”
  • Both records fail to be validated
  • I wait 72 hours and it is still failing.

Any idea?
Thank you for your help.

Julien

Solved the issue for me…

For me it was this: account.nabucasa.com gives you the info to copy to make your CNAME records. but this info is not exactly to be copied! In your example:

• I add first CNAME record with host = home.example.com, value = 123456789fakevalue098765432.ui.nabu.casa and TTL = Automatic

Just copy:
host = home (without .example.com)
value = 123456789fakevalue098765432.ui.nabu.casa. (note the DOT at the end!!!)

• I add second CNAME record with host = _acme-challenge.home.example.com, value = _acme-challenge.123456789fakevalue098765432.ui.nabu.casa and TTL = Automatic
  • Go back to Nabu Casa, click on “Validate”

Just copy:
host = _acme-challenge.home (without the .example.com)
value = _acme-challenge.123456789fakevalue098765432.ui.nabu.casa. (again note the DOT at the end)

This fixed it for me! Hope it helps you!

5 Likes

Thank you for your support, it works for me too now. :+1: