Custom entity name+aliases for Google Assistant integration via Nabu Casa Cloud

I am using Google Assistant integration via Nabu Casa Cloud connedtion. So configuartion can only be done via GUI and not config.yaml. In the supervisor GUI theres only the possibility to enable/disable domains for the sync/epsoing towards google. What I am currently mssing is the possibility to define:

1. Custom entity name used for the exposing towards Google Assistant
  2. Multiple aliases for entity name exposed to google and to be used for the speech input recognition

Would be helpful to add this in order to fine tune the entity names for easy speech recognition at google server side. E.g. english named entities in Home Assistant versus german named entities in Google Assistant.

Regards,
Lorenz

I just made the switch from yaml based config to UI config for Google assistant, and this was a big “oh no” for me. I agree with Lori, please add this.

1 Like

This is the reason why I don’t use gui. If you have several dozen devices shared, you never remember the exact name, so please add aliases.

This also really nags me. The following is missing from the UI per entity:

• Custom name
  • Aliases
  • Room hint

for it to have the same features as the configuration.yaml approach (Google Assistant - Home Assistant).

Is there any possibility to mix these two? I’d like to at least add this data in the configuration.yaml, but trying to do so:

google_assistant:
  entity_config:
    switch.eg_bad_leuchte_dusche:
      name: "Bad Dusche"
      aliases:
        - "Bad Spiegel"
      room: "Bad"

leads to

Invalid config for [google_assistant]: required key not provided @ data[‘google_assistant’][‘project_id’]. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 421).

But since I use Nabu Casa, I do not have the project ID, so I can’t even put it here as a duplicate :frowning:

// EDIT: Just anwering my own question here after stumbling upon it: It is possible and documented here: See Google Assistant configuration

The syntax is just slightly different.

cloud:
  google_actions:
    entity_config:
      switch.eg_bad_leuchte_dusche:
        name: "Bad Dusche"
        aliases:
          - "Bad Spiegel"
        room: "Bad"
2 Likes

Many hhanks Eiko for this edit of your post. Helped me to get my system improved for this aspect!

1 Like

With the Alexa integration, one can add display_categories: to the entity_config: and thus control whether a switch should belong to the light domain or the switch domain (or any other domain).

Is anything similar possible with the Google Assistant integration?