Custom Header

and your config is…:?

Do you still have CCH in your resources? Updated to the latest custom-header (v1.0.5)?

no I yanked that, do I need that still?

No, but you should provide us with more information. Like what your config looks like and maybe a screenshot of what you’re seeing.

My config image

1 Like

yes! that helped a lot, most errors gone!

even these I posted in decluttering thread Lovelace: Decluttering Card

all vanished… I am pleased but baffled…

probably unrelated: bottom overflow is still there:

Any errors showing in HA or your browsers dev console (F12)? Would be interested if it says “compact custom header” in your dev console as well.

With no custom_header config and your header still being “compact”, it sounds like CCH is still loading. Which would mean a cache issue.

Might also want to check out the issues section of the docs

had something similar, after restarts and cleaning cache multiple times, I still got the posted error. Even after having deleted CCH from the resources list. I had to take out the CCH files out of the resources folder to have the issue disappear.

Just moved from CCH too… dont see the menu like @Michael_Grossman mentioned…

From the issues section on the first post of this thread, the github readme, and issues section of the docs: Please read this before posting issues so that I can get the information I need to help you. It’s preferred that issues are posted on GitHub, but if you do not, please at least give me the minimum amount of info I need.

The issue of the missing “custom header” option has been addressed (maybe not fixed) in a recent update. No one with this issue has informed me of what version they are using.

I’m using the latest, tried rolling it back to an older version and that did not help.

I couldn’t use built-in-variables.

What am I missing here?

custom_header:
  button_text:
    options: >-
      {{ hours12 }}:{{ minutesLZ }} {{ ampm }} - <ha-icon icon='mdi:weather-{{
      states.weather.dark_sky.state }}'></ha-icon> {{
      states.weather.dark_sky.attributes.temperature }}°
  hide_help: true
  voice_hide: true
  tabs_color:
    0: red
    home: 'rgb(214, 122, 127)'
    6: '#fafafa'
  conditional_styles:
    - template:
        tab:
          0:
          - icon: >
              if ((entity["device_tracker.life360_phone1"].state == "home") && (entity["device_tracker.life360_phone2"].state != "home")) "mdi:account-tie";
              else if ((entity["device_tracker.life360_phone2"].state == "home") && (entity["device_tracker.life360_phone1"].state != "home")) "mdi:account-star";
              else if ((entity["device_tracker.life360_phone2"].state == "home") && (entity["device_tracker.life360_phone1"].state == "home")) "mdi:account-group-outline";
              else "mdi:car";
  exceptions:
    - conditions:
        user_agent: Android
      config:
        disable_sidebar: false
        compact_mode: true
        show_tabs: '0,1,4,6'
        footer_mode: true
        # options_hide: true
        menu_dropdown: true
        button_text:
            # options: '{{ hours12 }}:{{ minutesLZ }}'
            options: >-
              {{ hours12 }}:{{ minutesLZ }} {{ ampm }} - <ha-icon icon='mdi:weather-{{
              states.weather.dark_sky.state }}'></ha-icon> {{
              states.weather.dark_sky.attributes.temperature }}°

That’s not a version and doesn’t help troubleshooting.

1 Like

Thank you! Works fine!

My apologies sir. Version 1.06. My server was rebooting at the time and I could not recall the number off the top of my head. I promise I’l try not to let it happen again.

I have seemed to solve my problem by going into the raw editor, removing the top lines which had to do with custom header. I saved exited and refreshed and the menu works correctly now.

I think it was probably the update to 1.0.6 and the refresh that did it. I released 1.0.6 shortly before your server rebooted. :slight_smile:

It included a fix for the issue.

conditional_styles:
    - template:
        tab:
          0:
          - icon: >
              if ((entity["device_tracker.life360_phone1"].state == "home") && (entity["device_tracker.life360_phone2"].state != "home")) "mdi:account-tie";
              else if ((entity["device_tracker.life360_phone2"].state == "home") && (entity["device_tracker.life360_phone1"].state != "home")) "mdi:account-star";
              else if ((entity["device_tracker.life360_phone2"].state == "home") && (entity["device_tracker.life360_phone1"].state == "home")) "mdi:account-group-outline";
              else "mdi:car";

This is config from CCH and is not used in Custom Header. Do you get any errors?

Also the button text for options doesn’t need repeated for the android exception. If something isn’t set in an exception then the main config is used.

Thank you!