I’m looking for help in developping a climate integration for my HVAC.
I got it to connect to my MQTT server and to control it I just need to publish to a tomic named after my hvac a message with this format :
Where in fact the valor is a hexadecimal value that I can build/decode like this :
- 8bit prefix for each zone
- 8bit temperature, offeset start from 15°C, each +1 increace in binary corresponds to half a degree, up to 35°C, and for some reason add 1F, so for 15°C we get 1E, 15.5°C 1F, 16°C is 20 and so on…
- 4 bit to select fan speed (1,2,3 or 4=auto)
- 4 bit to select mode (1=cool, 2=heat)
- 4 bit always zero
- 4 bit to select on or off (3 is on, 2 is off)
The fun part is that if I post this message in MQTT the HVAC will set itself to it, and if someone changes the HVAC with the remotes on the wall, it will itself publish a message with the same format :
uc=00&zona=00&valor=abcdef01 (only missing the
So I’m pretty sure there is not so much effort in building a custom integration for this hvac, but from what I see I can’t really reuse the existing HVAC MQTT integration… I’m not the best developper but I am not afraid to dig in and learn, I’m pretty new both with developing an integration or developing an automation.
My current dilema is : either I write a custom integration entirely myself, or my current plan is maybe create a fake HVAC-MQTT device, and use automations to recieve/send in the real topic of my HVAC and transform to/from the mqtt-hvac topic…
But all I got to start from is this thread and the value templates are going to be hell I believe, especially since I’ll have to subscribe to a single topic from my HVAC to feed back in 4 different mqtt-hvac devices… (4 zones, each having it’s own prefix…)
Any advice is welcome !