Custom Icon not showing

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a problem with my custom icon. I put in as png in /local/icons/ and set a custom icon up via settings → configuration → and added the path /local/icons/snapcast_mdi.png to the icon attribute. I checked the customize.yaml file, with has the following entry:

media_player.snapcast_client_arch_brian:
  entity_picture: /local/icons/snapcast_mdi.png

But after a restart the icon of the card is empty. But when i open the menu for that card, it shows the correct icon, as shown in the screenshot.

Edit: I did try it with the icon attribute as well, doesn’t change a thing.

media_player.snapcast_client_arch_brian:
  icon: /local/icons/snapcast_mdi.png

Maybe the card can only show icons there and not entity picures.

I am starting to become desperate. I did a restart, again, and now the icon is the standard chromecast icon, but in the info is still the correct icon. I have no idea what I did wrong. Can anybody please point me to the right dircetion?

You are confusing icon and entity_picture, that’s not the same. As I said already, probably the card you are using can only show an icon there and not an entity_piture.

Also you can’t set an icon to a png image, you can only use the built in Material Design icons (or other icons if you installed them) like mdi:alert.

I’ve used local png versions of new mdi icons that were unavailable in home assistant. That was quite a few versions ago and in the custom tiles card though.

Now I understand. I was under the impression, that it is possible to change the “icon” of everything and one could do that with the entity_picture.

Than I will try to create an icon and install that.

I was using many png icons all around my HA lovelace in vertical-stack-in-card with customize-ui. But since few days they don’t load and I’m stuck with the standard icons.
Any idea of what could have change ?