Custom Integration: Linksys Velop

My Velops (all 5 of them) show up using UPNP Browser on my android mobile…is that what you mean?

The return a URL pointing to a XML file

URL is http://VELOP_IP:49152/wps_device.xml
XML is

<root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0">
<specVersion>
<major>1</major>
<minor>0</minor>
</specVersion>
<device>
<deviceType>urn:schemas-wifialliance-org:device:WFADevice:1</deviceType>
<friendlyName>Linksys31242</friendlyName>
<manufacturer>Linksys</manufacturer>
<modelDescription>Velop</modelDescription>
<modelName>WHW03</modelName>
<modelNumber>WHW03</modelNumber>
<serialNumber>SERIAL_GOES_HERE</serialNumber>
<UDN>uuid:UUID_GOES_HERE</UDN>
<serviceList>
<service>
<serviceType>urn:schemas-wifialliance-org:service:WFAWLANConfig:1</serviceType>
<serviceId>urn:wifialliance-org:serviceId:WFAWLANConfig1</serviceId>
<SCPDURL>wps_scpd.xml</SCPDURL>
<controlURL>wps_control</controlURL>
<eventSubURL>wps_event</eventSubURL>
</service>
</serviceList>
</device>
</root>

Thanks for that. I’m guessing the one that is the bridge doesn’t show anything unique compared to the others does it?

For example, here the “primary” node (not bridged) shows the following - this is from Network Analyzer on Android (ultimately showing the same details). Interestingly none of the nodes show, but have in the past.

In all fairness, if the “primary” doesn’t announce itself in bridged mode it isn’t a big issue because you can always manually point to it. I was just wondering if I could make things easier for people.

Yeah you’re right…each of the node show the same info.
The integration does correctly identify the Primary node for me tho under the “type” sensor

That’s good. Each node reports itself in the device list with a mode. I use that mode to identify them as primary or secondary. I’ll assume that it doesn’t announce for now.

I’ll make some notes on what I’ve found and get the documentation updated accordingly.

1 Like

Hi all,

I went to HACS and installed the linksys velop repository, but after restart I don’t find the integration when I try to add it to HA. Am I missing something??

Forget it - it only needed a couple reboots :smiley:

Glad you got it sorted.

Yeah - been feeling like an idiot for some two hours before somehow a voodoo-restart made it happen :smiley:

New release pushed. Nothing new in there for anyone that already had it installed.
This one addresses the infinite spinning on login attempts when adding the integration.

For what it’s worth… 2 more errors are caught and handled appropriately. To be honest I have no idea why I didn’t catch these properly in the first place! I mean, I wrote the library that the integration uses and threw them in there! D’oh.

1 Like

Haha. We’ve all been there. Then look, I go and push an update just after you get it installed. :wink:

1 Like

Hi, I’m really new to Home Assistant and I really don’t know how to install this custom integration.
I got 3 nodes that I would love to integrate into my setup. Can you please guide me as to how to install your integration.
Thank you in advance.

Do you already have HACS installed?

Hi, thanks for you reply. Yes, I have HACS installed.

In the meantime, I managed to get Linksys Velop working:

I would love to use your Lovelace card as well, but I have no idea where to paste / how to enable related code. If you could help with this, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hein

Once you have the required cards installed does following this post (and the one a couple further down for the images) help?

New update pushed today. Hopefully no-one will find a problem.
The changes provide compatibility with HASS 2021.12. Release notes give the details.

Dear uvjim,
Thanks for your instructions.
I tried to follow them but for all 3 cards I got a message:

Custom element does’t exist: button-card
Custom element does’t exist: stack-in card
Custom element does’t exist: auto-entities

So it seems that something about the custom card is not being recognized.

Is there something I need to do first before I can proceed with these instructions?

Thanks,
Hein

Hi,

As per the README there’s a number of custom cards that are required for that layout. Have you installed all of those already?

If not, you’ll need to get those installed. If you have, then you may need to look at the troubleshooting guides for those cards to understand why they might not be available.

Hey, thank you for this amazing intergration.
I got it all working!

No problem. Glad you like it.

@uvjim, I am trying to install your custom component to HA 2021.10.5 with a Velop system running in bridge mode, but the installation is not finishing. It is just spinning indefinitely as it was mentioned above in one of the posts. Which version fixes that issue? Or how it can be installed?

Otherwise I cannot see anything in the log suggesting any issue.