Custom integration not showing in HA - LD2450BLE

looking for help :slight_smile:
Short story: trying to modify an existing official integration to work with a newer sensor.
I could manage to update the python class that reads data from LD2410_BLE presence sensor to work with LD2450 that with newer firmwares also sends data over bluetooth.
However, it seems i can’t similarly update the 2410 integration to work with 2450: my issue is that after having put the code in the custom_components directory nothing shows up in HA (i’m probably missing something)

The code is fully available on git :slight_smile:

i assume it will throw a lot of errors, but that’s what i was looking for but ATM i can’t even try the integration…
on the other side the python class is working when used stand alone (just tried on a raspberry). There’s a lot of work to do (i still have not tried to send config commands), but at least it receives data…

Any hint to be able to try it?
thanks

It seems i can’t have a custom integration without a version tag in the manifest :slight_smile:
now it shows up but i have an exception i assume is not what it pretends to be:

Error occurred loading flow for integration ld2450_ble: cannot import name 'ConfigFlowResult' from 'homeassistant.config_entries' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py)

this is a common import from HA core files, what else could trigger this exception?

Eventually, it seems to work.
Thanks to me.

1 Like

How did you manage to get the your custom module to import ‘ConfigFlowResult’ ?

no idea why, but turning the python code upside down worked
just imported the full config_entries

@MassiPi Hi. I’m having the same issue with trying to override the google directory with a custom_integration. I am getting the same error as you said above after adding the version to the manifest.

Thanks

Joe

hello,
i just moved from this form

from homeassistant.config_entries import ConfigFlow, ConfigFlowResult

to this one

from homeassistant import config_entries

calling ConfigFlowResult as config_entries.ConfigFlowResult

Honestly, i have no idea of the source of the issue.