Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

After the first installation i entered username and password and i get this error, Any ideas?
Version 0.0.13

Any help here please trying to set up for 1st time with no luck.
ID4 arrived at weekend using the we connect id app which has been working fine.

integration installed via hacs V4.4.54 fill in all the login details where i get msg “Could not login to Volkswagen We Connect, please check your credentials and verify that the service is working”

trying for 3 day same msg every time, im in the UK (England) using alpha-2 code of GB only thing i can think is if a different sever is being used and that should be the code for somewhere eles?

can you get GitHub - tillsteinbach/VWsFriend: VW WeConnect visualization and control to work?
if not, then the problem is most likely with your crendetials and/or account.

what do you mean by “using alpha-2 code”?

there also seem to be connection problems with we connect currently (see Volkswagen ID. Drivers Club | Facebook) - maybe you are affected by those

thanks for the reply ill look in to the GitHub - tillsteinbach/VWsFriend: VW WeConnect visualization and control now.
regards alpha-2 its the last box on the login that the integration asks for.

hello everyone, brand new under HA, this is my first integration! and… i did it!!! :wink:
thank you for all the posts that allowed me to understand almost everything!

small question: is it possible to activate or not a charge?

Many thanks again!!!

SOLVED

I was using the Android application We Connect ID and I had made all the registrations from the application
Instead, you must explicitly accept the terms of contract and service that appear by going to the myvolkswagen.de site even if you are from other countries such as Italy in my case.

2 Likes

Is there any plans to implement a controller to start and stop changing. Like to toggle in the We Connect ID app?

1 Like

Just forget it. It’s allready there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have scoured and scoured and still cant figure this out. How do you get charging control to start and stop charging?

1 Like

As above - I found it!

1 Like

You need to call a service for this function, the API is to slow to make it into a switch :frowning:

service: volkswagen_we_connect_id.volkswagen_id_start_stop_charging
data:
  vin: WVGZZZA1ZMP001337
  start_stop: start
service: volkswagen_we_connect_id.volkswagen_id_start_stop_charging
data:
  vin: WVGZZZA1ZMP001337
  start_stop: stop
2 Likes

Hi - I really like this integration, thanks. It’s saved me from the serious bugs in ID 2.4 that stop the car based charge timing from work.
I do seem to have an issue in that it stops working after a couple of days and in order to get it to work again I need to restart HA. The debug logging shows no failures, it just stops.
All my other HA integrations carry on working ok.
I’m on HA 10.4 and OS 9.2 with the component integrated through HACS.
Is there any additional debugging that I can do to try and resolve the issue?
Thanks.

Hey @hassio40 I have the same error, can you please tell me where exactly i can accept the terms of contract and service

I suggest you remove your car’s vin number from public display!

You have to login at this link http://myvolkswagen.de/

Can anyone see the values ​​of this sensor? It is always unknown to me…
‘sensor.id_3_pure_performance_odometer_in_kilometers’

even in miles.

This value is not exposed in <3.0 software. So likely you are still on 2.4?

Is this still not able to work with US ID owners? Is there another integration that works?

Is it possible to change the climate temperature?
In the iphone app and with my Homey it is possible😁