Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

See YAML code of button that is used in dashboard:
alias: vw_id_4_toggle_charge_speed
description: “”
trigger:

• platform: state
    entity_id:
    • input_boolean.vw_id_4_toggle_charge_speed
      to: “on”
      id: charge_speed_high
  • platform: state
    entity_id:
    • input_boolean.vw_id_4_toggle_charge_speed
      to: “off”
      id: charge_speed_low
      condition: []
      action:
  • choose:
    • conditions:
      • condition: trigger
        id: charge_speed_high
        sequence:
      • service: volkswagen_we_connect_id.volkswagen_id_set_ac_charge_speed
        data:
        maximum_reduced: maximum
        vin: xxxxxxx
    • conditions:
      • condition: trigger
        id: charge_speed_low
        sequence:
      • service: volkswagen_we_connect_id.volkswagen_id_set_ac_charge_speed
        data:
        vin: xxxxxxx
        maximum_reduced: reduced
        mode: single

I don’t think a toggle is the way to go. The API is so slow.
That’s the reason why i’ve added buttons to the integration instead of toggles.

I am considering the elli charger with wifi. I saw somewhere someone was able to integrate it into HA.

I am getting this error

Does anyone know why is this?

I’m not able to connect to my account, It says Unknown when i try to log in ( also I had to install it manually because it didn’t show in HACS)

I have tried to check my account on the webpage https://vwid.vwgroup.io and that works fine. Been using the APP since november.

Any ideas what I did wrong? :slight_smile:

Best regards, KJ

Hello. I’m getting the same error too. I wondered if something had changed at VW’s side and broken the API?

Hmm, something is s bit sketchy. I wouldn’t say that the integration is broken, but I can’t start climatisation via the automation I use on a daily basis. The state of charge for instance isn’t being updated. But no error messages.

Hi,

just got my ID.3 updated with 3.2. software and was hoping to see things like odometer and lock status (even possibility open/close) same way as has been available for our combustion engine Passat already since 2019. But odometer is still “unknown” and did not notice any way to open/close doors (the status is visible now).

I tried to check all permissions and enable all online services, but in the store there are no additional services available (WeConnect Start shows up in active subscriptions, no other services available). Is there something I could still do to enable these? E.g. if I try to enable the automatic inspections it allows to do that in the app but displays red triangle with text “you don’t have valid contract for mobile services”. Same note is visible next to quite many of the mobile services listed in the app which I guess might explain why I don’t see odometer etc. But then again, no idea how to enable these services as they are not available (checked both the “in-car store” and via web browser)…

That is a shame, I was hoping for VW to add odometer value to API. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I have it for my id4 though

I only just got the car in March and it came with version 3.2, so I always had this metric

I got it now. Needed to wait a bit and the services came available in the in-car store. After activating them (0€/month) it was available in HA.

If I understood correct Id-family does not offer remote lock/unlock at all which is a shame.

Also the device tracker remains ”Unknown” in HA although the app shows now car location.

I still having issues with some entities, State of Charge is stuck on 74%. I am reloading the VW component but issue remains. Anyone else having the same issue?

Hi mitch,

I want to create a simple script to preheat my ID4 by voice.

alias: Auto aanzetten
sequence:
  - service: volkswagen_we_connect_id.volkswagen_id_set_climatisation
    data:
      vin: wvgzzze2znpXXXXXX
      start_stop: start
mode: single

It says it executed the script, but nothing seems to happen. Do you have any clue what might be wrong? I am able to get it to work with a buttoncard though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I came here to look for this too.
Anyone know if this is going to be available in the future?

I don’t know what happened, but it started working for me after a day or two.

With an automation this is reliable, set your trigger and conditions as you like, then as the action (this includes a notification that climatization is attempted to be started, I have a nother notification that will confirm that the status really changed as that sometimes takes a while):

action:
    - service: notify.id3_telegram
      data:
        title: "*Blaa blaa*"
      data:
        vin: WVWZZZXXXYYY
        target_temp: 20

To do this by voice, I’ve added and input boolean that I added to homekit and use that as one trigger option for this automation.

trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: input_boolean.id3_climatization
      to: "on"
1 Like

Awesome! I’ve got it to work now :smiley:

alias: Auto aanzetten
trigger:
    entity_id: input_boolean.id4_boolean
    to: "on"
action:
    data:
      vin: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      target_temp: 20

I have to look into that notify service. That seems handy. Mind sharing the other notification you were talking about? :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll wait and see…
Everything with the VW software seems to take a while!!

Here’s the other notification:

trigger:
      entity_id: sensor.id_3_climatisation_state
      to:
        - "heating"
        - "cooling"
  action:
    - service: telegram_bot.send_message
      data_template:
        target: "XXXXXX"
        title: "*ID3 XXX*"
        message: "ID3 climitatization has been turned on with target temperature of {{states.sensor.id_3_target_temperature.state}}°C. It will be on until {{ (now()|as_timestamp + (float(states('sensor.id_3_remaining_climatisation_time')) * 60 ))|timestamp_custom('%H:%M', True) }}."
        inline_keyboard:
          - ID3 climatization off:/id3_off
    - condition: state
      state: "off"
    - service: input_boolean.turn_on

The notification includes a button for turning off the climatization (separate automation) in case it was done by mistake or I want to turn it off sooner than it would turn off by itself. Also, there is a check at the end if the input boolean is still off (which would mean the car would have turned climatization on, or someone turned it on through the app) and turn it to “on” as well so that homekit reflects the correct status.

Just make sure you have enabled all “mobile services” in the app (and in the car if applicable), especially the “parking place” under which it says “Show car’s previous location in the application” (or something like that, my app is in a different language)

1 Like