Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

worked perfectly, thanks!

Hey, Small niggle again - its broken for me!

It broke a few days ago with one of the 2023.6 beta updates and hasn’t recovered since.

I have deleted the addon and reinstalled, but setting it up again fails with:

Error

Config flow could not be loaded: 500 Internal Server Error Server got itself in trouble

any ideas?

Found in the logs - how do I fix this? Last time it had a similar error I just had to wait for an update, however, nobody else is saying they have the same issue so I am concerned it is just me.

It’s fixed!

Setup failed for custom integration volkswagen_we_connect_id: Requirements for volkswagen_we_connect_id not found: ['weconnect>=0.54.0']. 

Similar error after HA Update

1 Like

Same issue after update of HA

Have same error with 0.1.6. HA logs states:
Unable to install package weconnect>=0.54.0: ERROR: Cannot install weconnect==0.54.1, weconnect==0.54.2 and weconnect==0.55.0 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies

1 Like

I tried the integration with my e-up. Sorry if this is a no-brainer, but no services or entities show up. Is that normal? I’m successfully logged into the We Connect ID Android app.

have you tried?

For the Cupra Born version it was enough to change the /config/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/manifest.json file

The line with the requirements

"requirements": ["weconnect-cupra-daern==0.49.20", "ascii_magic==1.6"],

I think you need to change this line in the ID.x version to:

"requirements": ["weconnect>=0.54.0", "ascii_magic>=2.0.0"],

Just a guess.

Not just you. Mine has been broken since the last HA update. I too was hoping for a fix but not seen anything yet.

I just yesterday rolled HA back from 2023.6.2 to 2023.5.4 and all is working perfectly again. And this morning an update for integration has been published, which states fixes for e.g.:

and

#182 (Cannot install weconnect==0.54.1, weconnect==0.54.2 and weconnect==0.55.0 · Issue #182 · mitch-dc/volkswagen_we_connect_id · GitHub)

Will try to upgrade over next weekend again.

I can’t seem to find this in HACS. Has it been renamed?

This is what it looks like (yup, still pending the update :slight_smile: )

I have also the problem with the wrong unit “kkWh”:

My config:

sensor:
# ID.4 GTX Charge Energy
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.id_4_gtx_charge_power
    name: ID.4 GTX Charge Energy
    unique_id: 2e013446-d576-4214-8c7e-af080c4e818d
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 1
utility_meter:
# ID.4 GTX Charge Energy Today
  id_4_gtx_charge_energy_today:
    unique_id: 725703e0-3611-4a73-be69-e78f516315bb
    source: sensor.id_4_gtx_charge_energy
    cycle: daily

WeConnect ID Integration sensor:

Home assistant configured sensors:

Could this be that there is a problem with the “native_unit_of_measurement”?

Any one who has set a utility meter up for charged energi monthly and then show it in the energy dashboard?

I have set up an utility meter but I can’t seem to choose it in t the energy dashboard.

I’ve got the integration working, but when I add a second car it only show up with half the number of entities. Does the integration work with more than one vehicle?

Hi all

Just trying to setup the integration for our ID.4. However, as soon as I try to add the integration in HA, I cannot even proceed past the initial configuration screen, as the login screen complains about not having all relevant fields filled out. I only see the username and password field, and they have been filled out.

HA version 2023.7.2 and version 0.1.7 of the integration.

VW have huge problems with the servers and systems the last 2 weeks, so I think it is best to just leave it alone for some time and try again later. You are only wasting your time at the moment.

I just got a brand new ID4 and added this integration. I run however into errors, errors that I haven’t seen in this topic yet.

Most of the time, all data is unavailable. Only for short periods does some data come through, as shown below (same for all sensors):

Some log entries that might be useful:

• socket.gaierror: [Errno -5] Name has no usable address
  • urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x98a1c3d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -5] Name has no usable address
  • urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='emea.bff.cariad.digital', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /vehicle/v1/vehicles (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x98a1c3d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -5] Name has no usable address'))

I checked GitHub - tillsteinbach/VWsFriend: VW WeConnect visualization and control, and there I do get new data in.

Any idea what is causing this?