Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

Hi Mitch. Wanted to add my e-up and it didn’t work of course since it’s not in the supported vehicles array. However once I removed the check for that from the code it worked fine. I wonder why you have that check in the first place? One could suggest to remove it and then people can deal themselves with unsupported features.

Thoughts?

Is it this “supported vehicles array” in _init_.py ( line32)

SUPPORTED_VEHICLES = ["ID.3", "ID.4", "ID.5", "ID. Buzz"]

async def async_setup_entry(hass: HomeAssistant, entry: ConfigEntry) -> bool:
    """Set up Volkswagen We Connect ID from a config entry."""

hass.data.setdefault(DOMAIN, {})
    _we_connect = weconnect.WeConnect(
        username=entry.data["username"],
        password=entry.data["password"],
        updateAfterLogin=False,
        loginOnInit=False,
        timeout=10,
        updatePictures=False

and how can I disable it?

Do I have to insert my mailadres & PW here from the myvolkswagen site??

Stuck at the same Problem…

Thank you :slight_smile:

Just go into the file editor in your homeassistant,
uncomment Line 58 in /homeassistant/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/init.py

#if vehicle.model.value in SUPPORTED_VEHICLES:

and then set up the integration again.

It seems that this integration is keeping the car active and will empty the 12V battery. So it is not recommended to experiment with this without knowing what happens in the back-end.

Hello all,
I’ve been having problems with integration too, but I seem to be having a different problem.

Integration stopped working a few weeks ago, so I removed and tried to reinstall I’m unable to log in.

'Snapshot of my logs:
Logger: volkswagencarnet.vw_connection
Source: custom_components/volkswagencarnet/config_flow.py:93
Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:05:05 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:05:05

Login failed for VW account, Token exchange failed’

And

'Logger: volkswagencarnet.vw_connection
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/volkswagencarnet/vw_connection.py:367
First occurred: 16:05:05 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:05:05

Token exchange failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/volkswagencarnet/vw_connection.py”, line 348, in _login
raise Exception(“Token exchange failed”)
Exception: Token exchange failed’

Anyone able to help.me fix this, assuming it’s not a VW backend issue.

Thanks

Sups

Hi, maybe not the best place to ask, but I’ll give it a shot. First winter with variable (market-based) eletricity price and would like to minimize consumption outside cheapest hours. Now it seems like if the plug is attached to the car, there is no way to prevent the consumption of electricity when climatization is on? Is this correct or have you found a way? Through a feature of this integration / automation or otherwise?

It seems that setting the charge level below current or trying to stop charging (as it is not specifically charging, just using electricity for climatization) does not work.

Still no joy,

Is anyone else having problems logging in?

I’ve spoken with VW. From what I understand the problem is that We Connect is not available anymore. Its replaced with the other Volkswagen app. Even in the phone app, you cant reach We Connect.

New version 0.2.0 Works great

Thanks!

Thank you for update.

In the log I noticed following message:
Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/sensor/init.py:528
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:14:12 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:14:12 PM

Entity sensor.vw_id_4_last_trip_average_electric_consumption (<class ‘custom_components.volkswagen_we_connect_id.sensor.VolkswagenIDVehicleSensor’>) is using state class ‘measurement’ which is impossible considering device class (‘energy’) it is using; expected None or one of ‘total_increasing’, ‘total’; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise report it to the author of the ‘volkswagen_we_connect_id’ custom integration

Hello, maybe a stupid question:
How do I find out which version of “Volkswagen WeConnect ID” is currently installed into Home Assistant? And how do I perform an update to the lastest version?

It is listed in “Integrations” as “custom integration”, the URL to the documentation https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/volkswagen_we_connect_id is dead.
In HACS I can only find the Non-ID version “Volkswagen WeConnect”.

If I remember correctly, the initial install was downloading a package and extract it into /config/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id

Is this the only way to get an update?

look for the integration in HACS, there you will see installed version

@odelma , Hi, are you based in a Nordpool country? If so, then maybe this HACS repository is what you may need.

https://github.com/jonasbkarlsson/ev_smart_charging

It will require you to also install the Nordpool integration, but all is in the instructions.

I don’t think it will solve the climatisation issue but will help with the the best times for charging.

Thanks, yes I am indeed located in a nordpool country, Finland in my case, and already using the very nice nordpool integration. And while I already have a solution for charge times through ha, thanks a lot for sharing this HACS component - it was new to me and there’s always room to improve the setup :slight_smile:

Also, still interested to hear if anyone has found a solution for the “climatization issue” :+1:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Just want to inform you that the latest beta(4) works great (We Connect) and can be downloaded here:

You could also download it directly from HACS by choosing to add beta versions and just download the latest one.

1 Like

The aircon is drawing power from the plug whenever it is plugged in and activated. No chance to change that.
If you want to take full control of your vehicle charging, especially if you have an own PV system, you may want to try out EVCC.

Hello, why the heck is this in a thread concerning WeConnect ID? This does not belong here and just causes issues.

Mods, please remove.

Thanks.

I’ve just set this up and connecting to my VW account worked perfectly, great work.

I’m seeing that some of the sensors don’t work though, do I need to do anything to get them to work?

I was hoping to use the charging cable connected sensor to remind me to plug the car in at night so its ready to charge at the lower rate but it doesnt detect the cable.

Car was plugged in at 21:57 (I can see this in the Eevee app).

The doors locked sensor doesn’t seam to update either, I unlocked the car multiple times last night but no change

It’s also saying my back passenger side window is open, I closed this after installing the integration as I didn’t know it was open till the integration told me. I have refreshed the VW app on my phone multiple times so it syncs with the car and I tried the force data refresh in the integration but it says that is no supported.

It’s getting the correct SoC so its not that its getting no data from the car.

I’m sure I’m missing something, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I’m having a similar issue. I need to restart HA to get an update. Updates are not coming through on changes or every 5 minutes as set.

Did you both update to the latest beta version? I had the same issue but with the latest beta this has been fixed and updates are coming through again.