Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

This helped me to get the integration working again, not sure for how long though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The linked thread basically says that in file custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/init.py property update_interval has to be increased to at least 90 seconds.

This alone did nothing in my case, only after doing as in the post I linked to:

After updating requirements in manifest.json to latest weconnect.py (weconnect==0.59.1) the integration started working again, at least for the time being…

{
  "domain": "volkswagen_we_connect_id",
  "name": "Volkswagen We Connect ID",
  "config_flow": true,
  "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/volkswagen_we_connect_id",
  "requirements": ["weconnect==0.59.1", "ascii_magic>=2.0.0"],
  "ssdp": [],
  "zeroconf": [],
  "homekit": {},
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": [
    "@mitch-dc"
  ],
  "iot_class": "cloud_polling",
  "version": "1.0"
}

…it started working and has been stable since

1 Like

I’ve released a new beta version with some fixes from PR’s. I’m currently in a big move and renovation to a new (1890s) home. So my time is limited.

Sorry for the radio silence!

2 Likes

Version v0.1.9 fixed the connection issues for me, thanks!

Version v0.1.9 fixed the connection issues for me, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Version v0.1.9
Sorry but the problems have returned starting from:
unavailable 2023-10-25 23:09:55

Guessing that it is Volkswagen that has server problems. The error seems to exist with other app providers that also connect to Volkswagen

I think VW is changing the API logon, I had to aprove Ionity connection as a app on the VW site.

Changing weconnect version to 0.59.1 worked for me too, thanks!

Edit: stopped working again during the night.

My vw-connect also stopped working

afbeelding

afbeelding

When i login again it keeps coming back to the same errors and messages.

1 Like

Same for me

i have the same problem again. dont work!

I had the same problem a few hours ago. Logged out of the VW app on my phone and could not log back in. It was giving a “bad gateway” error. However as of now its working again as is the integration.

Take a look in Settings > System > Logs and “Show full logs” look for “weconnect”

I’ve had a lot of problems with this integration the last month. I tried to remove the integration and add it again after updating to the latest version, but I am unable to add my car. I’ve tried to connect using the weconnect-cli python app just to check if the problem is in the HA integration or in the underlying library, and weconnect-cli works great. The home assistant system logs shows the following errors:

Logger: weconnect
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/weconnect/elements/warning_lights_status.py:136
First occurred: 17:22:02 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:11:46

/vehicles/XXXXXX/domains/vehicleHealthWarnings/warningLights/warningLights/0xA25D: Unknown attribute notificationId with value 41565
/vehicles/XXXXXX/domains/vehicleHealthWarnings/warningLights/warningLights/0xA25D: Unknown attribute iconColor with value Yellow

Logger: weconnect
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/weconnect/elements/vehicle.py:348
First occurred: 17:22:02 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:11:46

/vehicles/XXXXXX: Unknown attribute temperatureBatteryStatus with value {'value': {'carCapturedTimestamp': '2023-11-13T14:29:40.13Z', 'temperatureHvBatteryMin_K': '276.15', 'temperatureHvBatteryMax_K': '277.15'}} in domain measurements
/vehicles/XXXXXX: Unknown attribute fuelLevelStatus with value {'value': {'carCapturedTimestamp': '0001-01-01T00:00:00Z', 'primaryEngineType': 'electric', 'carType': 'electric'}} in domain measurements
/vehicles/XXXXXX: Unknown attribute temperatureBatteryStatus with value {'value': {'carCapturedTimestamp': '2023-11-13T19:11:40.342Z', 'temperatureHvBatteryMin_K': '275.65', 'temperatureHvBatteryMax_K': '277.65'}} in domain measurements

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.volkswagen_we_connect_id.config_flow
Source: custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/config_flow.py:40
Integration: Volkswagen We Connect ID
First occurred: 17:22:09 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:11:52

Unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/config_flow.py", line 64, in async_step_user
    info = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/config_flow.py", line 40, in validate_input
    await hass.async_add_executor_job(we_connect.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/weconnect/weconnect.py", line 193, in update
    self.updateVehicles(updateCapabilities=updateCapabilities, updatePictures=updatePictures, force=force, selective=selective)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/weconnect/weconnect.py", line 213, in updateVehicles
    vehicle = Vehicle(weConnect=self, vin=vin, parent=self.__vehicles, fromDict=vehicleDict, fixAPI=self.fixAPI,
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/weconnect/elements/vehicle.py", line 126, in __init__
    self.update(fromDict, updateCapabilities=updateCapabilities, updatePictures=updatePictures, selective=selective)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/weconnect/elements/vehicle.py", line 227, in update
    self.updatePictures()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/weconnect/elements/vehicle.py", line 457, in updatePictures
    self.updateStatusPicture()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/weconnect/elements/vehicle.py", line 591, in updateStatusPicture
    lightImage = lightImage.resize((64, 64), Image.ANTIALIAS)
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: module 'PIL.Image' has no attribute 'ANTIALIAS'

Any update on a fix for the connectivity issues?

The integration keeps dropping out (unavailable) every 10mins.

Thanks.

1 Like

Same issue here
Cannot add the integration anymore

First of all: thank you for your work.

Right now the integration loses all of the data every few minutes. The original vw app and the Login on the VW website are still working so it is not a vw server problem, is it?

I’m still on V0.1.9 of the integration and had no problems since I switched to it (in Austria).

The App works just a few minutes after stopping the car; then all data is unavailable.