Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

Encouraging people to use potentially untested code is not good, because it will just raise the workload for the maintainers of the project. And as a side effect there will be more reported issues for us all in forums like this, stemming from different versions which just makes everything more confusing for everybody.

And just because git resolved (or found no) textual conflicts, one does not know if there are semantic conflicts after merging pull requests, until everything is tested properly. Merging multiple pull requests at once does not seem a like a good strategy, because when problem is found, it can be hard to trace back which code change is responsible.

So for the sake of the project, it would be best to let the maintainers do their work and just help them if possible.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t adjust climatization on VW ID3 within Home Assistant. It works fine in the normal app. I can adjust the charging and force data refresh parameters. I did input the S-Pin. Anyone have the same problem, or that may have found a solution?

Is no one else getting this?

yes, I get those as well, and more:

024-04-20 17:20:46.400 WARNING (SyncWorker_19) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/automation/climatisationTimer/timers/1/singleTimer: Unknown attribute targetDateTime with value 2023-12-22T06:00:00Z 
2024-04-20 17:20:46.402 WARNING (SyncWorker_19) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/automation/climatisationTimer/timers/2/singleTimer: Unknown attribute targetDateTime with value 1999-12-31T22:00:00Z 
2024-04-20 17:20:46.403 WARNING (SyncWorker_19) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/automation/chargingProfiles: Unknown attribute nextChargingTimer with value {'id': 0, 'targetSOCreachable': 'invalid'} 
2024-04-20 17:20:46.460 WARNING (SyncWorker_19) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/chargingProfiles/chargingProfilesStatus: Unknown attribute nextChargingTimer with value {'id': 0, 'targetSOCreachable': 'invalid'} 
2024-04-20 17:20:46.470 WARNING (SyncWorker_19) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/climatisationTimers/climatisationTimersStatus/timers/1/singleTimer: Unknown attribute targetDateTime with value 2023-12-22T06:00:00Z 
2024-04-20 17:20:46.480 WARNING (SyncWorker_19) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/climatisationTimers/climatisationTimersStatus/timers/2/singleTimer: Unknown attribute targetDateTime with value 1999-12-31T22:00:00Z 
2024-04-20 17:21:35.635 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/automation/climatisationTimer/timers/1/singleTimer: Unknown attribute targetDateTime with value 2023-12-22T06:00:00Z 
2024-04-20 17:21:35.635 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/automation/climatisationTimer/timers/2/singleTimer: Unknown attribute targetDateTime with value 1999-12-31T22:00:00Z 
2024-04-20 17:21:35.636 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/automation/chargingProfiles: Unknown attribute nextChargingTimer with value {'id': 0, 'targetSOCreachable': 'invalid'} 
2024-04-20 17:21:35.648 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/chargingProfiles/chargingProfilesStatus: Unknown attribute nextChargingTimer with value {'id': 0, 'targetSOCreachable': 'invalid'} 
2024-04-20 17:21:35.650 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/climatisationTimers/climatisationTimersStatus/timers/1/singleTimer: Unknown attribute targetDateTime with value 2023-12-22T06:00:00Z 
2024-04-20 17:21:35.651 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [weconnect] /vehicles/WVWZZZE16RP006022/domains/climatisationTimers/climatisationTimersStatus/timers/2/singleTimer: Unknown attribute targetDateTime with value 1999-12-31T22:00:00Z

Unfortunately this is the only integration that constantly logs errors. I am on v0.2.0:


.

fyi, just updated to beta 0.2.2 and the error messages are gone!

Hi everyone,
I would like to know how many times it synchronizes with the Volkswagen server, if too many accesses can create a block in the platform access system. Thanks!

I had the integration working for a few days, however it lost connection. Tried reloading, rebooting and eventually reconfiguring however I get an unknown error.
I don’t really know how to debug, login details are defiantly correct since it worked for a few days. Connecting to an ID4.

For me V0.2.2 is working (go to HACS → click on the integration → 3-dot menu on the top right → Redownload).

I just connected my e-up yesterday and the integration worked perfectly but like you I’m wondering if the app is forcing an update from the car and will drain the 12v. I paused. I only though of it because I had noticed the main battery had dropped a percent whilst parked (and i don’t remember ever seeing that happen before, the mileage changes with temps but I’ve never seen the battery level change.