Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

I guess the integration needs som updating then. Same thing on Homey, there they updated the app with the new terms and conditions

The integration is working fine at the moment.
VW is changing the policies. Please accept all new terms and everything should me fine.

Because the ID. Buzz will have 3.x:

Yes GPS is available, only when the car is parked.

The API is frustrating slow, so sending commands to the car is not that instant.

I poll all the vehicle data every 30 seconds from VW. VW keeps the data in sync with the car (car pushes).

Sending the preheat command takes aprox. 1 minute.

1 Like

You guys were right. I thought I accepted them al but that was for the wrong country (Germany). Logged out of the We Connect ID app, logged back in, selected country and agreed with the terms. Integration worked right after accepting.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Using the integration with ID.3 Life Pro 2021 2.4 version, works just fine, thank you.

Is it possible to add ABRP updates, like VWsFriend supports?
code is at VWsFriend/abrp_agent.py at 8a09dd8c371a16e5ae94c4ca39659c644248e127 · tillsteinbach/VWsFriend · GitHub

Thanks! Worked for me too.

1 Like

Yes, this worked for me as well. I followed the error log a bit too much down to the letter (visiting myvolkswagen.de), but the only thing that was needed was to log out of the app in my phone and then log back in again. Done.

1 Like

thanks for answer. great to know.
Is there a setting for polling value ?
i was wondering about gps so i can deduct if the car is at home when beeing connected to the charger .

1 Like

Dank je wel, ben hier heel blij mee.

1 Like
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/config_flow.py", line 64, in async_step_user
    info = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input)
  File "/config/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/config_flow.py", line 39, in validate_input
    await hass.async_add_executor_job(we_connect.login)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/weconnect/weconnect.py", line 182, in login
    self.__session.login()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/weconnect/auth/we_connect_session.py", line 75, in login
    authorizationUrl = self.authorizationUrl(url='https://identity.vwgroup.io/oidc/v1/authorize')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/weconnect/auth/we_connect_session.py", line 96, in authorizationUrl
    redirect = tryLoginResponse.headers['Location']
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/structures.py", line 52, in __getitem__
    return self._store[key.lower()][1]
KeyError: 'location'

Anyone has experienced this error? Suddenly stopped working, I logged out and now not able to log back in :frowning:

It stopped working for me too, today at 15:32.

Check at github, it is reported. A new issue since today.

Yeap just saw it now. Probably the API itself has been updated by VW.

Interface basics… maintaining backwards compatibility is always never on the agenda :smiley:

We need to wait, if the api is changed the WeConnect package needs an update.

All will be fine!

Mine was working fine until 15:00-16:00 today, but now I seem to have the same issue as you guys.

I will keep my fingers crossed for an easy solution.

Hi,
I have the same issue too and 2 hrs later, my other integration for Audi Connect down too !..

5 Likes

All was working fine for me until a day or so ago. Now I am getting the following error messages:

2023-02-28 18:16:13.073 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration volkswagen_we_connect_id which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-02-28 18:16:33.460 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package weconnect==0.54.1: ERROR: Cannot install weconnect==0.54.1 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies.
ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/topics/dependency-resolution/#dealing-with-dependency-conflicts

[notice] A new release of pip available: 22.3 -> 23.0.1
[notice] To update, run: pip install --upgrade pip
2023-02-28 18:16:42.706 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package weconnect==0.54.1: ERROR: Cannot install weconnect==0.54.1 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies.
ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/topics/dependency-resolution/#dealing-with-dependency-conflicts

Is this expected?
I tried reloading the integration and also deleting it and re-installing it.
Neither seemed to help?

See other posts above yours. It needs (and is getting) an upgrade asap. Patience :).

3 Likes

Just to verify: I have seen that with version 0.1.4. a new endpoint setup was included. However it is still not working for me. Is V0.1.4. the one with the solution that was mentioned or will the fix be in an upcoming version?
Thanks!