Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

I requested support for ID Buzz at the code owner of the underlying library:

I have not got any updates of the odometer for 10 days i.e. it still shows the same value as 10 days ago. All other sensors (at least all I have checked) work fine.

I re-installed the integration, but that did not help.

I have an ID.4 with Software 3.0 and I can see the position of the car in the app.

Is there a known problem or did I do something wrong?

You need to enable the automated service appointments in the privacy settings. Otherwise the odometer is not transferred.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, that fixed it :blush:

It’s actually under “car service” (“Fzg. Service” in German).

Have you found any way to use this or a similar integration in the US?

I’m curious what led you to discover this was your issue? Is there a log file somewhere specific to this integration that showed something about accepting the terms of the contract?

No, unfortunately I have not found a MyVW integration yet.

Hi all,

I have installed the we connect for my Golf 7 from 2020. I can switch on/off the parking heater heating. But I do not understand the difference between the parking heater heating and the parking heater ventilation.

I am also confused about the “Force Data Refresh” ans “Sperre Golf door locked” and “entsperre Golf door locked”. What exactley is meant by these germann/english mix!

Thanks,
Spartacus

Hi,

thanks, great addon! I got my ID configured. Now I’m trying to prettify the panel. I thought I’d add glance panel like this (the bottom row):

Which looks nice, but I’d like to have colors off from the bottom row icons when status of item is not active. I have the configuration so it should show color on icons:

- show_name: false
        show_icon: true
        show_state: true
        type: glance
        columns: 4
        state_color: true
        entities:
          - entity: sensor.id_4_climatisation_state
          - entity: sensor.id_4_door_lock_status
          - entity: sensor.id_4_plug_connection_state
          - entity: sensor.id_4_charging_state

But for some reason the icons always stay blue. I was thinking if it’s due that I should have some value_template where I would set the keywords, e.g. “Connected” → “On”. But where should I have such setting? Has someone done such already?

Hello guys:

Some help as I have an ID4 Pro performance purchased in Portugal. I tried all settings to set and always have not possible to connect? The email and password are correct … Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance
Henrique

Is it possible to start en stop charging? I can not find it😅

This is possible, see my earlier reply:

1 Like

Make sure you have all the security settings in the car so you can control the car with the app. The integration should work if the VW ID app works :slight_smile: It uses the same API and security rules.

1 Like

That would work for binary sensors but not for regular sensors, I suppose.

You can build your own template binary_sensors based on these sensors and achieve what you want.

1 Like

Also make sure you allow all information to be shared with online services (either in the car or in the app), otherwise it may not work.

Hi! I am having some issues with this integration, someone more?
I post the logs here: VW - Pastebin

Last row, accept terms at myvolkswagen.de has been done this morning but no progress.

1 Like

Same problem here

1 Like

Hello, does this integation exposes the cars gps coordinates ? or a device tracker entity ?
Thanks for great help :slight_smile:

Another question, how slow is the api ?
Like if i connect the car to the charger, does it take seconds or minutes ? to get the new state ?
I will be getting a new ID Buzz the next week i wanna give it a try.

How is it regarding polling time ? for teslas we can define polling to get more updated info but it will “drain” battery of you are very aggresive with it. Does this integration do something like that ? or is it a flat update time?

For starting the charging for instance, is it the best way just to call the service ? that is why we dont have a button ? Turning on the HAVC does the answer come back in seconds or ages ?

Same here. Was working perfectly until 3-4 days ago…

1 Like

Not yet, but that is not due to this integration. It is on VW