Custom Lovelace Card - Homekit style card

Sure, no problem.
At the moment my climate entities look as follows:

Currently using a few FRITZ! DECT 301 radiator controllers from AVM: FRITZ!DECT 301 | AVM Deutschland

I think a general list of all possible attributes for climate entities can be found here in the developer documentation: https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/entity_climate.html

BTW. The Screenshot from @slipx06 would be a cool addition for a separate climate popup card :wink:

Greetings

Does this card work with groups? Iā€™m having a little play, and it would be nice if a card could be a group of lights that toggles on/off. Doesnā€™t seem to work though.

Also - the popup is just blank (dark screen) with nothing else on lights. Any idea why this would be?

He Martin,

i have not test it with groups and i dont think it works if you tested it.
Are you using the pop-up with the group or with a light entity? because group wonā€™t work here i think. and are you using the custom popup card of just the default?

This is my current code:

cards:
  - cards:
      - type: 'custom:homekit-card'
        title: My House
        useTemperature: true
        useBrightness: true
        entities:
          - title: Title here
            entities:
              - entity: light.kitchen_table
                popup:
                  type: 'custom:custom-light-popup-card'
              - entity: group.hall_downstairs
              - entity: group.hall_downstairs
    type: horizontal-stack
type: vertical-stack

Looks good, one question about the pop-up
You got this:

You did install the card? GitHub - DBuit/light-popup-card: Lovelace card to use as custom pop-up for light in homekit style
The name changed yesterday to make HACS work so maybe that is not configured right?
I need to update the readme of the card i think because it uses the old namesā€¦

Ah - didnā€™t realise it was a separate install.

Iā€™ve aded it, but still nothing - It may be a cache issue??

What do you think the likelihood of getting groups integrated would be? This would be a real deal breaker for me I think as that is how I turn rooms on / off with several lights / switches in.

Try using the popup card as a normal card to check if it is installed and works than we can try to find out why it wont work in pop up:) let me know if that works

I donā€™t really use group but you got something like ā€œgroup.living_roomā€ and this got all lights? or does it also contain other type of entities?

Itā€™s a mixture of lights and switches.

I may be doing this slightly backwards with groups thenā€¦ How would you toggle a whole room of devices on / off with the UI? I assumed that groups was the way to go?

Ok the toggle would be easy to implement on groups i can give it a try
Will let you know when i got something on this

1 Like

I got only 1 group but itā€™s from hue and comes in home assistant as 1 light entity which are 3 lights so never really needed the groups in home assistant.

Ah - I see. So just to give you some context with my groups. I use a mixture of Hue/Ikea/Xiaomi lights and switches through a Deconz stick. Then I have LightwafeRF lights and some Tuya lights.

As you can imagine I need to use groups as there are different systems in each room.

This is what part of my group looks like FYI:

kitchen_lights:
  view: no
  icon: mdi:silverware-fork-knife
  name: Kitchen lights
  entities:
    - switch.kitchen_ceiling_lights
    - light.kitchen_table
    - light.counter_lights
    - switch.cupboard_lights

lounge:
  name: Lounge
  icon: mdi:sofa
  entities:
    - light.living_room_ceiling_light_1
    - light.living_room_ceiling_light_2
    - light.surveyor_lamp
    - light.torch_lamp
    - light.lounge_love_lamp

master_bedroom:
  icon: mdi:bed-empty
  name: Master Bedroom
  entities:
    - switch.bourgie
    - light.Masterbedside1
    - light.masterbedside2
    - light.tall_black_lamp
    - light.master_bedroom_ceiling_light

Ok thank you gonna look into this!

That would be great if that would be possible!

Love these cards thank so much!! Much easier than how I have been doing it!

When I am using the pop up for my dimmer switches I donā€™t get the dimmer only an on or off switch, is there something special I need to do to get a dimmer to work? Thanks!

He Dave,

Great to hear you like it.
The pop-up will show a brightness slider instead of the switch if
stateObj.attributes.supported_features > 9

so can you check in you developer tools for the entity you are using what the supported_features number is? maybe the number im checking for isnt the right on.

Thanks for the quick answer!
The supported_features is 1, how can I change that?
Cheers,
Dave

i donā€™t think you can change that the card must be changed.
but @jimz011 told i had to set it to > 9 because of some sonoff stuff @jimz011 what was that can you remember?

Maybe i need to change it to ==1 or > 9 or maybe make it a config setting for the card.

Dave did you use hacs to install it or did you place it in your www directory youself?
If you edit the file on line 165 from:
${e.attributes.supported_features>9?F to: ${e.attributes.supported_features>0?F

than it works for your setup and i will make a fix in next release.