Custom Motion Lights question

Is it possible to copy/modify the Motion Lights blueprint to capture the state of the light being turned on?

My objective, so this doesn’t turn into an X-Y-Z problem, is I’m trying to tie in my my exterior lights to my reolink cameras. I want to turn on my exterior lights for 2 minutes.

If the lights were previously on, I want to them to stay on.
If they were were previously off, I want them to turn off.
if they were set to 50%, I want them to return to 50%.

Using a blueprint is there a way to capture the state once, and not overwrite it if the event recurs within 2 minutes. (If it overwrote those setting while its running I would just assume it would permanently be on, because if we are capturing it while its on it would just return to on.)

I also want to add a condition, to only run between sunset and sunrise, but I think that is easy enough.

Anyone have any suggestions.

You would use scenes to capture current state of lights. Maybe also look at some of the scene capture blueprints and other motion blueprints in the blueprint exchange in this forum.
You post this as a blueprint question, but remember that blueprints are automations, so my suggestion and the suggestion of the HA docs is to write an automation first, then convert it to a blueprint.
Creating an automation blueprint - Home Assistant.