Custom Pioneer Component

I have made addition to the standard pioneer component located here:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/master/homeassistant/components/media_player/pioneer.py

I added, or at least attempted to add the ability to power up the HDZone and control the volume for that said zone. HA start without any errors and it is loading the edited component from my custom_components folder but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get the front end to show the new controls. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this please?

Thinking about it after I posted this, I guess I could make a whole separate component for the different zones. Although it would be nice to have it all in one.

It seems I am talking to myself but sometimes that the best way to work it out right… or am I just crazy.

Anyways. I altered the original pioneer.py file and got it working pretty well for the HDZone and can easilly alter it to work for other zone as the commands would just have to change. I also added a piece that lets you specify the zone list in the config yaml file if you wanted to show only specific ones. That being said, there would need to know there ASCII assignment per zone(ie. HDMI 1: 19)

I pushed it up to git in case anyone wants to use it and I wasn’t sure if I should or how to submit it to possibly be included in HA builds.

1 Like