Custom Spotify page with Music Follow and Room Presence

Hi.

For the couple of months I have been coding a brand new Home assistance interface using Mushroom, CSS and some useful third party integrations from HACS. I about to finish the project and I will start writing down installation methods on my github page. Lets start with the custom Spotify page with Music follow function and Room Presence Music.

Watch it on Youtube

Page Properties:

• Exclusively designed for Spotify control.
  • Media Art Work automatically appears at the top of the page while listening.
  • Media players are listed as buttons below the image and with a single click you can easily transfer songs between them.
  • Music follow integration are also implemented. Spotify music follows you around the house automatically. It can also be turned off with a simple button.
  • There is a hidden feature under the Spotify logo. When you press it, the music starts on the last motion detected rooms media player. Also you can use “Play” button to activate music based on room presence
  • Force start will be implemented if nothing was playing at the moment.
  • Media controls are located at the bottom of the page.
  • You can track total time listening Spotify for the past month in numbers.
  • Developed on the basis of Echo devices but you can also use any other media player type.
  • One Media player controls all others
  • Spotify playlists are also displayed in the page and with a simple click you can start listening right away on your media player.
  • With a click to “Everywhere” button, you can transfer the song to all of your Spotify Connect devices.

Please beware that this is not only a page but it also includes automations such as Music follow. Music room presence and history stats.

Let the music follow you around the house. Have fun

Hi. What is this sensor from this link??

sensor.spotify_usage_aylik_convert_turkce

What are the translation for the following? Thank you
spotify_usage_aylik_convert_turkce
saat
dakika

This sensor converts the time into a turkish translation. Saat and dakika which means hours and minutes.

The result of this sensor is as follows

Hey, Berkan. Thank you for your work. Its incredible. This is almost done here. But… where I create “input_boolean.spotify_page_everywhere…” and “input_boolean.spotify_idle…”?

Im a very noob on this code thing. But I dont give up. :rofl:

Thank you very much. Booleans are created inside helpers. There are lots of information over the net. Maybe you should like to try out.

1 Like

Thank you for answer me. There’s a code to insert? Sorry for this questions. I really like to make this works.

Yes there is a code and a manual to help you on my github page. You have to follow the steps to setup the page. Every detail is given step by step.

1 Like

Hey. Almost done here. The only problem now is: when I press play or pause on a song via dashboard, returns the error: “failed in call service media_player/media_play. Entity media_player.spotify_MYSPOTIFYHERE does not support this device.”
Can you help me here?

what is your speakerl that is playing spotify ?

An echo dot. But theres chromecast devices and an echo show. Music plays on each of them. I just cant play or pause from home assistant dashboard.

Use spotcast to play spotıfy on echo devices and to pause use media_player.pause service

I’m using your code. I just changed the entities and created booleans and automation. Spotify integration and spotcast are configured. Media_play.media_pause works with the others sources but not with media_player.spotify…

Your custom Spotify page sounds amazing! The integration of music follow and room presence features seems really innovative. Being able to control Spotify seamlessly and even transfer songs between media players with a single click sounds super convenient. And the fact that you’ve considered Spotify playlists and the option to play music across all your devices is great. If you’re looking to gain more visibility for your Spotify creations, there are services that offer opportunities to Buy Spotify Plays & Followers. It could help boost your presence even more.