Custom state-switch based on user

I am trying to set up a custom: state-switch card to change the displayed card based on the logged in user, without much success. I am fairly new to HA and to YAML, but have so far been pretty successful setting up various cards based on other users examples here in the forums and on GitHub. My goal with the state-switch card is to be able to use Fully Kiosk on a Fire tablet. Since the Fire tablet won’t show all of the custom lovelace cards, I’d like to change or hide a card for the Fully Kiosk user. This way, I can have a slightly more robust front-end that we can access on our phones, etc and a servicable front-end to use on Fully Kiosk. Right now, I have am just testing by trying to show a different markdown card for each user. I can’t get it to work. If I could, I would start to modify to show cards I actually want. I am running Home Assistant in an Unraid docker, version 0.91.0. I have installed card-tools and the state-switch.js. Here is the code I have currently - any assistance it getting it working is appreciated. What value should be used for the user “state”? Username used during login? Something else? I have tried login username to no success.

resources:
  - url: /local/card-tools.js?v=1
    type: js
  - url: /local/state-switch.js
    type: js

views:
    path: default_view
    cards:
      - type: custom:state-switch
        entity: user
        default: default
        states: