Custom UI: Tiles

I can’t seem to get it to show o.O
this is my code: https://hastebin.com/cefuqolono.coffeescript

anyone any ideas on where I made a mistake?

@eddi89 @mviezzer - any way to change the background of an individual tile? “Custom UI Tiles” already has the ability to change on/off text color per entity; I’d like it to have the ability to change background color per entity (not just entire script/config). Thanks again and thanks in advance. This is so great.

No, not at the moment.

Yes, with modificantions in html…

If you replace the line by:
var color = entity.color ? ’ background-color: ’ + entity.color + ‘;’ : ‘’;
it will show the color in backgound intead the text, but sure is best create another attribute like color_background.

1 Like

FYI - Home Assistant 59.x completely breaks Custom UI Tiles

Does it break it, or do you need to add a “extra_html_url_es5” entry for the extra files? I had a couple of personally created files that broke until I figured out they needed to be under es5 now.

I added the extra files after updating custom ui - it still broke.

Issue is probably related to: https://home-assistant.io/blog/2017/11/18/release-58/

“Note: For Custom UI users: your custom UI will need to be updated before it can work with the new version of the frontend.”

I can make custom ui tiles work again by adding:

frontend:
  javascript_version: latest

But custom ui only works by adding:

frontend:
  javascript_version: es5

Solution that worked for me:

extra_html_url:
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui.html
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-tiles.html

extra_html_url_es5:
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui-es5.html
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-tiles.html
4 Likes

It might be worth mentioning that many updates to the configuration of custom UI tiles aren’t visible until after clearing browser cache.

Also, I would like a list of available colors to use for color_on and color_off.

Thanks,
Tomas

Aslo, just to understand. Input_text is just a placeholder for any entitities I wish to format as tiles?

Thanks, that’s very useful information!

@mviezzer - I downloaded your GitHub config and modified for my needs. I can’t seem to get background colors to change when an entity is on, off, or unknown. It just looks like this:

Any thoughts?

Do i have to do anything more to get this to work when i use a .png image in my tile?

Ok but you have special version of .html files for latest version and es5 version?

I have big problem on my iphone 6s with ios 11 and my wife iphone 5 with 10.3.3
When i have latest in frontend i have tiles visible but my wife can’t see anything. States not loaded.
When i change to es5 or auto, tiles section is empty but states load on booth phone.

PS. Sorry for my english

I didn’t have this exactly problem, but all similar problems that I had was cache or JS error (while editing html). Try in the incognito mode and check chrome inspector (paper-button style).

You only need set the image: /local/x.png and have the file in the www folder. Check the chorme inspector to see any hint (like file not found).

My question was about getting the tiles to auto expand on the width when there is a .png inside.
(@jamesdawson3 sollution)
Somehow that won’t work for me.

Maybe someone can explain what I’m doing wrong - I’ve been trying to get the default code to display properly, but the “Tiles Showcase” box is empty, and I have separate boxes for Script, Input Text, and Input Boolean. I’ve tried substituting in a valid entity into the config to no change.

I thought I’d followed the config to the letter, so I’m pretty confused…?