Custom UI: Tiles

Just use round(0)

Hadashboard?

I love the concept of this. Iā€™ve implemented it in my Hass.io setup and can see the tiles perfectly in my web browser on my Mac and PC but they do not show up on my mobile or iPad in either the iOS App or mobile browser. Iā€™m running 0.65.6. Any help would be appreciated.

Me too, it was working up until 0.65.6 I think that update broke it? Only in the iOS app

Hello, i had the same problem and I solved it by hitting the circle arrow next to the settings in iOS app and also by pressing Ā« done Ā» on the top of settings page to get the lines ticked.

Other question: is there another way to reload tiles changes except the HA restart because reloading the core config doesnā€™t change anything.

Thanks

I have not found a good way besides a restart. Reloading the core doesnā€™t reload changes for me. Thanks for your advice on the tile card but unfortunately it had no effect. Iā€™ve cleared my cache and everything. Iā€™m not sure how to proceed.

----- edit-----
fyi, i must rephrase my below wording.

these templates on the Tiles werenā€™t the cause, but the messengerā€¦ For some yet unknown reason my system got frustrated, router switched ipā€™s and all my mqtt import were gone. Why it started with only the one button is beyond me, why it started in the first place also.
Had to reinstall Mosquitto add-on for things to get working again, and load all state of all switches and sensors, for the system to be responsive again.

All in all, a very frustrating experienceā€¦ Still, this gave inspiration to use Tiles as a new system-police, and hope to setup a few tiles with corresponding colors for All-is-well, and Check-out-system-failureā€¦
@eddi89 helped me on the right course by pointing to the Chrome dev-console, which is most enlightening indeedā€¦
Tiles are backup up and running.
Cheers,
Marius
-----end edit-----

just letting you know, using these templates on a button causes the script errors to flood the log:

- entity: switch.sw_kantoor_template
#            label_sec_template: "if (state === 'on') return 'Kantoor ' + 
#                                      entities['sensor.kantoor_actueel'].state;
#                                 else return 'Kantoor'; "
    label_sec: Kantoor
#            label_sec_state: sensor.kantoor_actueel
#    icon_template: "if (state === 'on') return 'mdi:laptop';
#                    else return 'mdi:laptop-off';"

Ive commented it out for now, cause i need the switch :wink:

have filed anissue on the github and hope it will be resolved soon, must be some error Iā€™ve made , cant spot it right now, and the template itself works fineā€¦
Cheers,
Marius

1 Like

Iā€™ve been searching for a similar solution because when I updated the to latest tiles version and adjusted my code to use the new min tile size of 30px, I could not update the view on my Home Assistant iOS app.

Itā€™s due to not being able to clear the cache in the app. I could clear my safari cache which worked when viewing ha via the main safari browser, but the app remained a problem.

The solution (mentioned by @andrewjfreyer in another thread) is to add version numbers to the end of /www/custom_ui/state-card-tiles.html and /www/custom_ui/state-card-tiles_es5.html, eg /www/custom_ui/state-card-tiles-v1.html, and update the reference within the frontend section. You can then refresh the iOS app and it should work.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip but, unfortunately this didnā€™t work. Even after I purge my cache on iOS, I canā€™t see them in the app or the browser. Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong. Iā€™ve placed the files in the appropriate directories and they display fine on PC and Mac but not on iOS. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my configuration.

configuration.yaml

frontend:
  extra_html_url:
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-tiles.html
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui.html

extra_html_url_es5:
    - /local/custom-ui/state-card-tiles_es5.html
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui-es5.html  

customize.yaml

script.whisterson_remote:
  custom_ui_state_card: state-card-tiles
  config:
    columns: 7
    row_height: 40px
    column_width: 40px
    entities:
      - entity: script.whisterson_power_toggle
        icon: mdi:power
      - entity: script.whisterson.appletv_on
        icon: mdi:apple
      - entity: script.whisterson.firetv_on
        icon: mdi:amazon
      - entity: script.whisterson_spectrum_on
        icon: mdi:television-classic
      - entity: script.whisterson_volume_up
        icon: mdi:volume-high
      - entity: script.whisterson_volume_down
        icon: mdi:volume-medium
      - entity: script.whisterson_mute
        icon: mdi:volume-off
      - entity: script.whisterson_appletv_input
        icon: mdi:nest-protect
      - entity: script.whisterson_firetv_input
        icon: mdi:view-agenda
      - entity: script.whisterson_roku_input
        icon: mdi:view-column
      - entity: script.whisterson_spectrum_input
        icon: mdi:view-grid

scripts.yaml

whisterson_remote:
    sequence:

Ive had similar issues with the app, not showing newer images for tiles.
rebooting, reloading, never worked,
deleted the app and reinstalled it immediately showed all correct images.
worth a try?
Cheers,
Marius

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that initially since you canā€™t clear the cache on the app. Still no resultion though. The tiles are not working on any mobile regardless of app or mobile browser and I canā€™t seem to figure out why.

maybe you should file an issue on the GitHub and ask for @eddi89 's assistance?

Rename the image files from image.jpeg to image1.jpeg. fixes iOS on next refresh.

Edit, obviously update the image name in the .yaml file to match its new nameā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦ which indicates it is literally just a Safari cache problem

I believe itā€™s more than that because Iā€™ve cleared cache and continued to experience the issue. I think it has more to do with the application local storage.

Iā€™ve just tried to change an image again and cleared website data, even reinstalled the app and the image didnā€™t update until it was called something else. HTML5 application cache Is treated differently in iOS. Assuming the manifest is properly declaredā€¦ it should be easy to add a option to dump cached assets or just do it automatically.

@arsaboo this is the equivalent from eddie

anyone else having Tiles showing only uppercase buttons on iPad app, here, both in Custom-panel and regular tiles, while allow text_uppercase is set to false?

input_text.tiles_switches:
  custom_ui_state_card: state-card-tiles
  config:
    columns: 4
    row_height: 50px
    color_on: '#F0C209'
    color_off: '#555B65'
    text_uppercase: false
    text_color_on: '#555B65'
    text_color_off: '#F0C209'
    text_size: 1em
    text_sec_size: 1em
    text_align: center
    icon_size: 24px
    entities:

I am having the same issue, I have cleared cache/uninstalled and reinstalled apps/rebooted phone/etc. and I am not seeing any tiles on the iOS app or iOS Safari. Started for me about a week ago and have tried everything.

I have raised a github issue here

https://github.com/c727/home-assistant-tiles/issues/40

If you can post your config including the script sequence would be helpful. TIA.