Custom_updater not installing

I’m using hass.io. In the config/www folder, I added custom_updater.py In the configuration.yaml file, I added the line: custom_updater:

Configuration / General / Check config: gives an error: “Component not found: custom_updater” The Wiki said to expect that. However, when I click restart under server management, it doesn’t do anything. I’ve also rebooted the server and the error persists.

Is HASS failing to load my configuration? At what point should the error go away?

Also, I previously had custom_updater.py in a different location, but deleted that and moved it to config/www. Could that be the problem?

Thanks, Richard

@VDRainer, yes, that’s what I’m trying to install.

Cheers, RIchard

Then you should read it. :upside_down_face:
The custom_updater.py goes to <config directory>/custom_components/

Okay. Thanks. GitHub - custom-components/custom_updater: [DEPRECATED]📦 A component which allows you to track and update custom cards/components and python_scripts, says: “Like with the /local endpoint the resources still need to be in the www directory (folder).” I gather ‘resources’ is not a reference to the .py file. Cheers.

You’re referencing the page that explains how to use it (once it’s installed.) You should be looking at the following page about how to install it: