Customise colors in History Graph component

Hi!

I would like to make a formal request for adding functionality to customise colors in the History Graph component. In its most basic form it could be used to lock which color is assigned to a given entity, in order to make it more human readable over time. I also have a use case where it would be good to have the color change along the same line, based on the value. I am tracking the price of electricity where I live. I get data for the max and min price for the current 24-hour period. Along with this data come the current cost of electricity, updated every hour. It would be nice to have the varying graph of the current price changing color based on where it sits between max and min price.

Example of current implementation:

I am sure there are many other use cases where basic and/or more advanced ways to customise the color scheme would be useful!?

Best,
Magnus

My biggest concern regarding this is my partial color blindness. I have a hard time to see the difference between the lines in the history graph. The contrast differences between the chosen colors are very small making it hard to tell which line is which. For the record, approx. 8% of all males are color blind: Color blindness - Wikipedia

Definitely need the ability to specify custom colors. After a system update this is the palette I am now seeing:

Even people without color blindness can’t read this.
The seemingly random choice of palette is not very helpful.

Is there any solution for this?
How to change it?

I really need to be able to change the colors for my AQI history chart. I just showed this to my wife and, strangely, she suggested that I align the color of field in the chart to the color-word :expressionless:. Of course it’s confusing when trying to explain:

the cyan color is “green”, the orange color is “yellow”, the brownish color is “orange” and the blue color is “red”. What’s so confusing about that??!

:smiley: