CustomUI - discussion thread

2018-05-21

2018-05-21

• Hotfix release for HA 0.70+

2018-04-29

• Add support for action_name attribute that can be used to change the displayed action on scene and script cards.
  • Make confirmable controls protect slider on 2nd line

2018-04-27
A new version uploaded:

• Add support for icon_color attribute to force-set icon color of any entity.

2018-03-30
I was asked to make a single thread for my CustomUI. I’ll try to monitor this thread to answer questions and post about future release here.

I just uploaded release 20180330 - with a few bugfixes.

3 Likes

Seeing as you’re asking … :slight_smile:

I use the “lock” function on bedroom lights, to make sure they are not turned on accidentally through the gui. Since 0.65 I believe the behaviour has changed - it used to be that one click unlocked and the second operated the switch. Now I am finding that the first click brings up the HA popup for the switch, which then needs two clicks to operate.

Am I dreaming this behaviour, or have things got worse?

1 Like

This is a regression - will be fixed in the next release.
The lock catch tap event, but HA switched the more-info activation from tap to click a few releases ago, so now both actions are triggered.

1 Like

I uploaded a fix more-info coming up. (Same version name)

Just ran update.sh & restarted HA - no difference :frowning:

I just came here to say thank you for Custom UI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @andrey,

I’d like to try this setup but I’m running HA in a docker via docker-compose. Is there a way to implement this in my setup and have it survive upgrades and removal and recreations of the container?

I looked at the update.sh file and I think everything is maintained to just the www/custom_ui and custom_components/customizer directories. I use persistent data for all of my config directory. If that’s the case, then it should survive removal and recreations of the container

Hi @andrey I’m sure I must be missing something obvious, but I have updated CustomUI using the update.sh command, and verified that the html files in www/custom_ui contain the window.customUI.VERSION="20180330"; string, but despite restarting HA several times, it is still showing in the about screen as Custom UI 20180216:

Additionally, my themed icons have lost their themes:

Top one should be red, bottom one should be green. They are showing the correct rgb_color in the attributes:

Not sure if thats a bug that is fixed in the latest version, or if I have broken something else. It was working before I updated HA to 0.66, and (attempted to) update CustomUI to the latest.

Apologies for all the questions, this is the first update I have done so unsure if I have missed something, somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

I am having the same issue.
In html files in www/custom_ui contain the window.customUI.VERSION=“20180330”
And still showing in the about screen as Custom UI 20180216:

1 Like

Ah ha! Thank you for confirming :slight_smile:

clear your browser cache

1 Like

That did it - thank you! Still have the icon colour issue though…

How install CustomUI in hass.io, is there any add-on available?

Just follow the manual install instructions, works perfectly with Hass.io

Just found this, I can’t believe what I’ve been missing out on.

I’m wondering if there’s any way to sort entities in a group based on their state. I’m thinking using the template component with entity_id it should be possible to get all entity_ids in a group, sort them based on state, and return them, but my brain doesn’t seem to be working for me tonight.

Thanks!

1 Like

Starting from HA 0.66 there is API for custom uis to display version. It is shown at the bottom of that page under “Frontend JavaScript version”, so displaying an old version for 0.66 was indeed a cache issue.

I’m not using hass.io myself, but if anyone where to develop a CustomUi hass.io add-on that would be great :slight_smile:

@claytonjn
For sorting a group the following should work to make ‘on’ entities to appear first:

homeassistant:
  customize:
    group.my_group:
      templates:
        entity_ids: >
          return attribute.sort((a, b) => {
            if (entities[a].state === 'on' && entities[b].state !== 'on') return 1;
            if (entities[b].state === 'on' && entities[a].state !== 'on') return -1;
            return 0;
          });

Can you help me to install in hassio?

As with other users of this extension for Home Assistant, starting from version 0.66 the rgb_color directive no longer works to change icons color. To date, no answers yet on the forum and on the GitHub repository. I would like to know if a solution has been found to allow this beautiful extension for Home Assistant to work again.
Thank you for your contribution.

The broken rgb_color is unrelated to CustomUI.

Starting from HA 0.66 icon color is controlled by a 2-member hs_color array attribute (hue, saturation) instead of 3-member rgb_color array attribute (red, green, blue)

Thank you, Replaced all rgb_color with hs_color and working same way as before.
icon_color