CYNC (C by GE) Support

Is it possible to evaluate adding CYNC lighting, and sensor support to integrations?

They offer devices that do not require a neutral wire, especially wall dimmer switches. This would be a HUGE benefit to the millions of homes that have wiring prior to the 1980’s.

There is a HACS addin, and I am very adept to configs and doing things inside Google Cloud, and I couldn’t get it to work. It’d be nice to integrate with a integration directly

The integration has been updated and now directly controls the switches and bulbs without the need for Google Home as long as you have a Wifi switch or plug in your system. Try it out:

2 Likes

Great Job!

Working amazing! Now I gotta figure out sending automations to toggle to certain colors, but that is me getting acclimated to the v9.0 automation workflow

1 Like

I found a Cync wall plug at a great deal (a steal!). The price was right and even though I’d read a LOT of users tell folks to return them for a refund, I decided to bite the bullet. I’ve been using HA for a couple of years now on a RPi 3B+, but never had a use for automations. UNTIL NOW!!

Thanks to this WONDERFUL addin, I’ve gotten a brand new appetite for HA :heart_eyes: Initially, I just plugged the lamp on my night stand into the unit and set it up via the iOS app. Having read about the lack of HA support, I was like “Well, I guess I can let GE run my home.”

Then, I started looking to integrating it with HA. Yes, I had to get HACS installed (it never worked for me before today), but once it was installed, getting cync_lights running was a piece of cake!! I mean, it was literally minimal brain power to set up this addin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It was at that point I deleted the GE Cync schedule as I gleefully said, “Screw you, GE! I run this house, all on my own!!!” :grin:

Then, I started playing with automations for the first time. WOW!! Within half an hour, I had my lamp and Roku tellie setup to turn on right when my first alarm snooze will go off. I literally cannot wait to go to bed, just to see how it will be waking up to my dimly lit room and my tellie tuned to the local news. Usually, it’s completely dark and I fumble for the lamp switch and Roku remote. :yawning_face:

THANK YOU for your time and dedication writing this addin. If nobody else says it, your are absolutely brilliant, mate!! Cheers!!!

That’s awesome! I’m really glad it’s working for you! I made a few changes today that should improve the reliability. Let me know if you have any issues with the new update.

I have run into a problem where it is telling me that GitHub - nikshriv/cync_lights: Home Assistant Integration for controlling Cync switches, plugs, and bulbs is not a valid repository. Was the link changed or am I doing something wrong.

2 Likes

working for me… though getting everything setup with HACS did take sec…

Is this integration still working for others ? I cannot get past the 2-factor authentication of the log in to Cync.
Error:
Invalid or unsupported Cync configuration, please ensure there is at least one WiFi connected Cync device in your Home(s)

MY Cync also failed when trying to capture new devices the other day and also getting incorrect configuration error and will no longer sync with my account or devices. in that time, i also had the Firmware get updated for my CYNC in wall switches. i dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Huh. I added the integration, restarted browser & HA, then when I clicked on the integration in HACS…I just get a blank page. Well, mostly blank. Is there something else I’d need to do ?

I’ve been trying multiple times over the past week or so, and keep getting the “please ensure there is at least one WiFi connected Cync device in your Home” message.

All my devices are wifi connected. I have 6 bulbs and 1 switch (outdoors)

This was working for me until a couple of months ago when I had to start a fresh setup of Home Assistant. Now I cannot get past the “Invalid or unsupported Cync configuration, please ensure there is at least one WiFi connected Cync device in your Home(s)” error. I am using 3 direct connect light strips and 3 direct connect bulbs.

It won’t work for the dynamic effects but my entire house is using Cync direct connect non dynamic and it works great

For the last couple of months, using HA to control my Cync lights has been hit or miss. Sometimes, all works well. Other times, the light bulb are non-responsive or very slow (minutes later) responses. On the occaision, a plug will stall, but that’s rare. I use the actual Cync app and I can twiddle with lights and plugs all day long, with almost no lag.

Happy New Year!

Getting the same error with new set-up - hopefully someone has a solution

Good Morning, I am new to home assistant but am figuring out pretty quickly. I decided to jump into NodeRed to control about a dozen Cync smart bulbs. I was successful in implementing the framework to get the Cync plugin. My struggle lies with the control of the bulbs themselves. I am able to control the bulb 1 or 2 times before the widget no longer responds to commands. Home assistant appears to provide immediate feedback from the bulbs when commanded via the Cync app just no commands out of home Assistant. I know I’m opening the door here but what am I missing?

Just found this the other day and it works well. However, I would like to complete reset my set of Cync devices (delete them all and then re-add). Do I have to un-install the integration or is there an easier way.

All the posts here are very old…I hope this is still active. :slight_smile:

Never mind…found it!