D1 mini not connecting with esphome

Hi i have a d1 mini and im trying to connect with my homeassistant esphome always show ass offline and also on upload im getting that error:

========================= [SUCCESS] Took 15.62 seconds ========================= INFO Successfully compiled program. INFO Resolving IP address of test.local ERROR Error resolving IP address of test.local. Is it connected to WiFi? ERROR (If this error persists, please set a static IP address: https://esphome.io/components/wifi.html#manual-ips) ERROR Error resolving IP address: Error resolving address with mDNS: Did not respond. Maybe the device is offline., [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname

also i cant see an farylink ssid that is generated from d1 mini but if i connect i can see that the d1 mini has 192.168.4.1 default ip address but i cant enter via http or some web interface to associate d1 mini with my Chrisnet ssid wifi.

Can help me?

Seems like name resolution of “test.local” is failing. Failure of zeroconf/bonjour with esphome has happened for me as well. Check the docs for esphome and try reconfiguring with a static IP address. If that works, zeroconf likely the issue (and you can decide whether to try to fix that or just use static IPs).

I put that static ip setting on test.yaml, and now i get this errror :
========================= [SUCCESS] Took 15.39 seconds ========================= INFO Successfully compiled program. INFO Connecting to 192.168.1.201 ERROR Connecting to 192.168.1.201:8266 failed: [Errno 113] No route to host

Im confused , the chrisnet network is the network that is associated the home assistant with 192.168.1.x range
the d1 mini has own network like farylink_xxx with 192.168.4.1 default , how is possible to connect with the esp network in case that im connected only on my home assistant network?

If esp8266 is creating its own WiFi network, then it is not connecting to your WiFi. Suggest rechecking your WiFi credentials in config and also looking at:

WiFi device to see if it sees connection,
DHCP server to see if it sees d1’s MAC address (if using dhcp),
Pinging IP associated with D1 to see if any return.

1 Like

The d1 has own wifi network and has own ip address and yes the dhcp is enabled because i can see with ip scann that get default ip 192.168.4.1 and my laptop get 4.2
But which method must follow to associate with my own home assistant network the 192.168.1.x…
In test.yaml settings wich ip and network ssid must put? i supose the ssid that in the same network with home assistnat right? Because the d1 has another network and i cant change that

The esphome device will start it’s own access point if it cannot connext to the ap you specify in the esphome yaml file.

Therefore there is either a problem with your home wifi, or more likely a problem with your yaml file.

Still Cant connect my d1 on esphome,The d1 chip from default has own Wi-Fi network ssid like(Farylink_D08287) i follow the steps but still see offline the device.

Please post your ESPHome YAML configuration file here.
I’d wager there’s something simple you don’t yet know, and we can’t see.

I created new entry from scratch without input manual anything, only the ssid of my wifi network that is home assistant associate.
i get this error:

======================== [SUCCESS] Took 143.33 seconds ========================
INFO Successfully compiled program.
INFO Resolving IP address of room.local
ERROR Error resolving IP address of room.local. Is it connected to WiFi?
ERROR (If this error persists, please set a static IP address: https://esphome.io/components/wifi.html#manual-ips)
ERROR Error resolving IP address: Error resolving address with mDNS: Did not respond. Maybe the device is offline., [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname

And the yaml is this:

esphome:
  name: room
  platform: ESP8266
  board: d1_mini

wifi:
  ssid: "Chrisnet"
  password: "xxxxx"

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "Room Fallback Hotspot"
    password: "UfR6TJnOZctn"

captive_portal:

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:

Maybe a stupid question, but the first flash requires a serial connection. You did not forget that step ?

1 Like

!!! @francisp Sry im stupid!!! i connect to rapsberry usb the d1 i put the correct ssid , i choose /dev/ttyUSB0 (USB Serial) instead ota and now its Online!!!
next step is to transfer to another place and make work with wifi

Edit

And yes now its connected via Wifi, and still Online !
I want to thank you all !