Dahua NVR link

Hey,
I have dahua NVR in the same subnet of my network,
all cameras has their own subnet,

how can i link it to HA?

1 Like

Hey,

Assuming you have installed Dahua from HACS and added it to your HA via Configuration > Add Integration? If yes, then simply enter your username, pwd and IP address of your NVR (.108 is the default IP, port 80 rtsp port 554 and channel 0).

i don’t use HACS

Then install it manually

Actually, i found HACS to be really unstable so i have reinstalled everything from scratch and clean as possible ,

i will try to install this

$ wget https://github.com/rroller/dahua/archive/dahua-main.zip
–2022-04-02 19:29:37-- https://github.com/rroller/dahua/archive/dahua-main.zip
Resolving github.com (github.com)… 140.82.121.4
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|140.82.121.4|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 302 Found
Location: https://codeload.github.com/rroller/dahua/zip/dahua-main [following]
–2022-04-02 19:29:37-- https://codeload.github.com/rroller/dahua/zip/dahua-main
Resolving codeload.github.com (codeload.github.com)… 140.82.121.10
Connecting to codeload.github.com (codeload.github.com)|140.82.121.10|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 404 Not Found
2022-04-02 19:29:38 ERROR 404: Not Found.

well files are not there…

so i have installed HACS,

it is connecting but cannot see picture ,
anything else i missed?

By installed hacs, do you mean the dahua integration in hacs? Check the encoding of the camera recording. H.265 will not work with most of HA. You’ll need to use h.264 instead.

1 Like

Correct…

where to change settings in the NVR?

Yes i believe it’s under the camera settings

me solving the same problem
i cant see cams on HA
i installed HACS and DAHUA NVR
added to integration
with installation i used channel0
and no camera i seen
in each cam what is used on PORT on NVR2108-4KS2 i set sub to h264 protocol…
but no video is available in HA
how to solve this please ?

Did you ever find a solution to this problem with connecting the NVR?

I had the same problem but just found out what caused the issue for me… You have to shut off https:// on the NVR. Only problem is now i don’t see my feed when i log in to the NVR but that’s not a problem since i always use the app.

The other thing i had to change, like mentioned above, was the video protocol from H265 tot H264.

In my settings on HA i added channel 0,1,2 and 3.

Can you provide a screen shot of how you added it into HA. did you do Channels:3 or you actually did 0,1,2,3 etc

You add each camera separately. Camera 1 is 0, Camera 2 is 1, etc

1 Like

Nice to read that there are still a few users with Dahua NVR and Dahua cameras. :slightly_smiling_face: I have been using my Dahua NVR2108-I and my Dahua cameras (5 pieces) under Home Assistant for years. However, I no longer use the Dahua addon because it is no longer developed and no longer really supported. That means there are more and more problems with it.
For example, the Dahua addon fills up the log of the NVR and the cameras every second, which of course puts a corresponding strain on the network and the devices.

I only use the Dahua addon for my Amcrest AD110 video doorbell.

I have now connected the NVR and the cameras via Onvif under Home Assistant and actually have hardly any problems with it. There are slightly fewer features available to me than with the Dahua addon, but there are also fewer problems.

I integrated the NVR’s multi-live stream (rtsp://user:pw@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=9&subtype=0) into Home Assistant via Generic Camera Integration because the multi-live-stream is not available with the Onvif integration.

Have you also noticed the problem with the log filling up and have you tried integrating the NVR via Onvif under Home Assistant?

I have not tried the Onvif integration but will give that a try.

My main concern is just being able to view the live stream of 6 cameras within the HA dashboard. If I want to do any of the other features of my NVR I can go directly to that app.

Hm - the generic camera integration is actually sufficient just to be able to display the live stream of the cameras on your dashboard.

Example for 8-Port NVR
rtsp://user:pw@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
rtsp://user:pw@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=0
rtsp://user:pw@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=3&subtype=0
…
rtsp://user:pw@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=8&subtype=0
rtsp://user:pw@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=9&subtype=0 = Multi-Live-Stream

If you use the Onvif integration, all cameras set up on the NVR will be automatically recognized by Onvif , including their streams (Main and Sub1 and Sub2), and will then be available under Home Assistant. For HA Onvif HTTPS must be deactivated on the NVR.

I’m not sure what dahua integration @jim_os is referring to. The current dahua integration is maintained and the maintainer has been active. There has been 78 updates in the last 3 years. The most recent update was 2 months ago.

I have been using it for 3 years with 11 cameras and all events feeding to HA. It has not congested my network. Using webrtc gives me a near instant live stream when I open one.

It also controls other features of the camera allowing you to turn on/off lights, infrared, motion etc.

Hi,

yes, I mean the addon from rroller :slightly_smiling_face: and no, it is no longer being developed and is no longer really supported. rroller wrote over a year ago that he no longer has time for it and the updates that have been available in the last few months are actually just updates in which he included fixes that he received from other users in the code.

If you look at the issues messages from the last few months, you can see that rroller hasn’t responded to them for a long time.

But it doesn’t matter. If you don’t have any problems or errors with the rroller add-on, you can of course use it. I used it myself for a long time and now I also use it for my Amcrest AD110. Even if this also leads to errors. But since the errors are increasing and it doesn’t look like rroller really supports the users anymore, the addon is no longer an option for me.

If rroller would continue to maintain it like it used to, I would use it again in a heartbeat.

The Onvif integration currently offers me everything I need and that is no less than the Dahua addon from rroller. What is not available via Onvif are the AI/KI features from Dahua (people and vehicle detection), because these are not implemented in Onvif. All other functions such as IVS are available with Onvif.

Edit: As you may also know, roller was originally active here too: Looking for feedback and testing of my Dahua Home Assistant integration (via HACS) | IP Cam Talk but even there he stopped supporting some time ago after the first tests of his addon.

As I said, I think it’s a shame the way it is now and I would also be happy if rroller would carry on like it used to. But so far it doesn’t look like it to me. But if he doesn’t have time anymore then of course I accept that too and can understand it.