Dahua VTO custom integration

You can try this and this, if it’s works for you than you can think how to automate it using this integration.

Hy,
can someone help me?
I search a cheap dahua video doorbell with wifi.
Is working wit this integration the VTO1301R-W?

Thanks for the reply. The setconfig command returns ok, but doesn’t do anything. And in the DMSS app I don’t get the light icon unfortunately.

Should works, because according datasheet it’s can be controlled from application.

1 Like

Surelly I’m interessed on how did you made the app open, and also close the app.
What tablet are you using?
Thanks!

Sure @zejulio, you can invoke other apps from notifications, in my case I have a android tablet (Kindle Fire 10 HD), to make it work create an script with the following:

alias: Open DMSS
sequence:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_kftrwi
    data:
      data:
        package_name: com.mm.android.DMSSHD
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 2
      seconds: 0
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: notify.mobile_app_kftrwi
    data:
      data:
        command: /lovelace
mode: single
icon: mdi:doorbell-video

You need the DMSS HD app installed on the tablet, the first notification open the app, and after a couple of minutes it goes back to Home Assistant App.
:smiley:

1 Like

Hello,

Many thanks!

How do you manage to open the DMSS app directly to the VTO screen? I need to open DMSS then select VTO from list, then the video start…
Also I try to register the notifications for the VTO no DMSS and it say’s failure…

Thanks,

Julio Silva

No, it is not possible to jump directly to the VTO, only the app.
You need to notify the tablet registered on the HA, in the example is mobile_app_kftrwi, this name will vary.

Also I try to register the notifications for the VTO no DMSS and it say’s failure…

Can you elaborate that?

Yes, I understand.

Can you elaborate that?

On DMSS app, I try to go to VTO settings and activate notifications, so it automatically jumps to the app then someone rings and open the video feed, like on my phone, but it say’s Failure.

I am using the Sonoff NSPanel Pro for this, maybe somethings related to notifications…
Since when I try notifications on HA it only gets me a notification sound, and does not show the notification (text).

Thanks,

Julio Silva

Check the name of the app, there are several DMSS apps, the one I’m using is the HD one, I don’t know which one is supported in the NSPanel, try to change the name to this:

package_name: com.mm.android.DMSS

Each android app has different id, you can check in the Google Play appstore, look in the url bar:

It is possible to use only DAHUA DHI-VTO4202F-MS SCREEN to show dashboard or camera stream from HA?

SPECS

Not sure about DHI-VTO4202F-MS but in VTH5221D you can add rtsp links for any cameras and you will see it on the screen, you can see this in this user manual section 6.2.1 Adding a Camera.

In order to add cameras directly from HA (using HA proxy), you can try to use link from HA camera entity attribute entity_picture which has access token as well. But if you add cameras to HA using rtsp, I think adding same rtsp link into VTH it’s a better solution.

Go to DMSS app, settings, default page, and pick Door. This way I got the VTO showing as soon as I open the DMSS app :slight_smile:
(Also works on DMSS HD app on iPad)

1 Like

I would love to get the yaml configs as well.

Do you also get camera view with this integration?
Because I didn’t find a Dahua VTO that also has ONVIF support…

No, this integration doesn’t support cameras, because VTO cameras using regular RTSP/ONVIF protocol and can be added into Home Assistant using build-in HA RTSP or ONVIF support.

Hi. Is it possible to trigger ring alarm (or other sound files) on a VTH display connected to VTO camera, in my case it’s VTH2621GW-P?

Hi Guys … i am totaly new in HA … so i am very sorry for the stupid quesiton but … i try everything, still not work.
I have this configuration in configuration.yaml

sensor:
  - platform: dahua_vto
    name: Dahua VTO
    host: 192.168.88.100
    username: admin
    password: xxx
    scan_interval: 5

timer:
  door_lock:
    name: Door Lock
    icon: mdi:timer

lock:
  - platform: template
    name: Door Lock
    value_template: "{{ not is_state('timer.door_lock', 'active') }}"
    optimistic: false
    lock:
    unlock:
      - service: dahua_vto.open_door
        data_template:
          entity_id: sensor.dahua_vto
          channel: 2
          short_number: HA

and in dashboard i add button and run service dahua_vto.open_door … so this work fine and my gate work.
but … i try add this button to apple home kit, but still dont see this button :frowning: i see switch for motion detection etc … but not button for open gate.
Can someone write mi steps what i must do?
I will be very grateful … opening the gate VIA dahua doorbel is my first thing that I do in HA … so its little bit difficult for me …

Hello,

AFAIK HomeKit doesn’t support buttons, you can expose lock entity for HomeKit (you should do it using accessory mode, more info you can find here) and use it, or you can make switch like this and expose it to HomeKit:

switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      door_lock:
        friendly_name: Door Lock
        icon_template: mdi:lock
        value_template: "{{ not is_state('timer.door_lock', 'active') }}"
        turn_on:
          - service: lock.unlock
            data:
              entity_id: lock.door_lock
        turn_off:

Sure, if you don’t need the lock entity in Home Assistant, you can remove it from configuration, and in this switch instead service: lock.unlock use service: dahua_vto.open_door as in your button.

Hope this helps.

The protocol has a lot of functions, but I doesn’t seen this functionality. The VTH has settings for 3 types of sounds, call from VTO, call from VTH and Alarm sounds. Call from VTO it’s doorbell, alarm sounds, I think, triggered by alarm subsystem, so you need to have it’s configured and connected some wired or wireless sensors.

Maybe it’s can be solution for you, you can try to make SIP call to VTH and it’s will play call from VTH sounds. You can do it by command line sip dialer, but first try to do it with any SIP client, IP of SIP server IP = VTO IP, user name = extension of your VTH, like 9001#1, password as it’s defined for VTH. You can also configure dummy VTH in VTO configuration and use this VTH credentials for SIP client.