Dahua VTO custom integration

I don’t know what you put into your yaml but simplest way to have binary sensor for doorbell should look like this:

template:
  - trigger:
      - platform: event
        event_type: dahua_vto
        event_data:
          Code: BackKeyLight
    binary_sensor:
      - name: VTO Doorbell
        state: "{{ trigger.event.data.Data.State | int in [1, 2] }}"

Disculpa, no consigo configurar correctamente el modelo en yaml. Me podria indicar donde colocarlo. Siento tener que pedir algo tan basico.
Gracias

Start from video like this and try to find similar videos in your language.

Si, es lo mejor. Muchas gracias.

Disculpa, he intentado configurarlo siguiendo pautas del video tutorial sin exito. (apartado automation.yaml y binary.sensor.yaml)
Por favor, podrias darme una orientación .

Hi, do you know if i have a normal android tablet can I use as a normal device to integrate with video doorbell?

You can show video from doorbell in HA as generic camera, for example:
Still Image URL: https://192.168.1.10/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?channel=1
Stream Source URL: rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

For bi-directional voice you need to setup SIP, some information about setup external SIP server and configure VTO you can find here.

But you can also install Dahua DMSS app into tablet and you will get video and audio support.

1 Like

Hello, I have created the sensor as you have indicated, but I do not know how to make an automation so that a light turns on when the doorbell is called.
I am a newbie to HA and I don’t know much about programming.
Can you help me?
Could someone tell me what code to use and where to add it?

If you are planning make home automation’s using Home Assistant anyway you should learn Home Assistant, the best source to start it’s a official documentation but to make process faster you can use videos from various Youtube channels like

I suggest you to use YAML for automation’s but if you found this too complicated to start you can add doorbell template sensor from here and use this sensor in automation’s using GUI.

You can also try great rroller Dahua integration which is more user friendly because it’s setups from GUI and expose doorbell sensor without any YAML templates.

I was checking the dahua website and I got super confused about which model to choose to better integrate with the homeassistant. Also do you know if the nfc tags can be used using an mobile phone ?

What model do you recommend for a villa (1 button only)?
Thanks

Unfortunately I can’t recommend anything because I integrate Dahua VTO2111D and VTH5221D which was already installed.
iPhone for sure can’t be used as NFC tag for opening the door, Android phone probably can be used but I doesn’t test it.
I hope that other thread users can recommend something for you.

When I tested it, NFC with the Android mobile didn’t work, because the mobile always returned a different code.
The payment card was fine.

Dahua VTO2211G-P

Great work! I have a VTH1550CHW-2 with a VTO2000A and can also confirm that the integration works well with the things I have tried (both with latest firmwares).

Mostly, I have been focusing on setting and reading the alarm states and triggering corresponding automations and presence simulations. However, I have noticed that while I can set alarm profiles in the VTH, and can read them correctly as well, from Home Assistant, the screen on the VTH does not update, but display the old alarm state (on, off) and profile (Outdoor, Sleeping, AtHome, Custom).

I can imagine this is a VTH thing, and has nothing to with the integration, but maybe someone has experienced a similar behaviour and found a solution already.

I have same behavior with my VTH5221D doesn’t found solution yet. :frowning:

Alright, I am one step further:
After setting the alarm state and profile from Home Assistant, I can manually prompt the VTO to update:

• touch the alarm section on the screen (no need to do anything further, just touch it)
  • the go back to the home screen (eg by opening an closing the camera view)

Voila, all alarm information as it should be. We just need to find a way to do this via script / remotely.
Any ideas?

Can someine help me?
I have a dahua vto2202f-p and a nuki lock.
How can i make it so that when i push te unlock button in DMSS app my nuki lock unlocks door in home assistant.

I think with backkeylight but i don’t know what to do

You can use this automation example in order to understand which BackKeyLight code you receive when you push unlock button in DMSS app, I think because lock doesn’t connected to VTO you will receive code 9 which means “Unlock failed”. When you can modify automation and put code to open your nuki lock for BackKeyLight = 9.

is it possible to answer a call from home assistant? Without going through DMSS?

Only if you use SIP client in HA connected to VTO. Read about different SIP options early in this topic. Unfortunately I don’t have tested/working configuration.