Dahua VTO to MQTT Broker

I saw there have been some updates to the docker version but not the ha integration. Is there something we can do to pull these over?

I have a Lorex 2k doorbell and I read on another forum about someone who successfully connected it to the HA using barā€™s DahuaVTO2MQTT work: Lorex 2K doorbell | Page 2 | IP Cam Talk

Whatā€™s not clear to me is what changes I need to make to barā€™s project in order for it to support the Lorex doorbell. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

According to the post you have referenced to, seems that it is pretty straightforward as described in the MD file

Sorry, which MD file?

My understanding of the other post is that the Lorex doorbell supports ports 5000 and 35000 and so all I need to do in your project is change the port from 80 to one of those two. Which MD file has the port configuration? Iā€™ve looked at the the readme and models MD files and didnā€™t find anything. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am an utter novice.

MD=README

According to the post you have referenced, there is no need to change anything but the configuration available on the readme

1 Like

Thank you!

I just attempted to install the Portainer add-on so that I can run your docker file and learned that Portainer is discontinued: Home Assistant Community Add-on: Portainer - #181 by mwav3 :pensive:

Iā€™m not at a loss for how to install DahuaVTO2MQTT.

Yes, you can use portainer to deploy using docker compose example in the readme file, just update the environment variables

I was excited to use Portainer + Home Assistant as shown here Installing the DahuaVTO2MQTT docker container in Home Assistant - YouTube but since Portainer has been removed from HA I donā€™t know how to get started to even reach the compose example to input my environment variables.

What hardware you using and how ha installed

I am using an old Macbook Air using the Virtual Box install method: MacOS - Home Assistant. Version = core-2022.4.6

I ordered the Home Assistant Yellow and intend to switch to that when it arrives in December.

Question. I use Amcrest integration and connected my VTO using this. The integration see VTO events (doorbell push) and can publish to VTO events(unlock/open switch) using HA service calls.

This is purpose of this project correct?

thatā€™s exactly the purpose of it, but using MQTT

Has anyone had an issue where the addon stops connecting to the mqtt server and you have to restart the addon?

It happens from time to time, Iā€™m working on it

Glad its not just me, i just created an automation to restart addon when the entity becomes unavailable

can you pls check if now it works better (with the latest version)?

thanks

1 Like

Sure thing, will report back. Edit: I canā€™t see a new version. What number should it be on?

No new number, just redeploy it with latest image

Thanks

ok, i just re installed it and will see how it goes

hy Bar,
thanks for the work and great integration. I use it for my Dahua Cam and would like to use the IVS-rules as sensor in HA. would you happen to know how i can use it as sensor? (command-line for binary sensor?)

the second sensor getā€™s the stop command but not the start command.

thanks