Daikin AC Integration BRP069C4x

Of course. All you need is in this topic (in French):

@PluViteKaFon as far as I have seen, the application is using cognito by aws to manage authentication. Then maybe it could be possible to get the app client key in the app to authenticate against cognito?

At the moment I’m only able to replay and refresh accessToken (which is valid during 3600 seconds) via the refreshToken (valid 1 month) and use the apiKey and unitId to manage the unit. I’m just able to capture it by analyzing traffic between Residential App and AWS cloud.

The process of obtaining a refreshToken from the user login and password is not obvious to me, I’ve a lack of knowledge regarding this but if you want to help and contribute you can find our current progression in this huge topic: CTXM15R5V1B and FTXM20R5V1B : New API? · Issue #123 · cbrandlehner/homebridge-daikin-local · GitHub

thnx. Looks very nice. I go first try to open the cage to see if the s21 is available.

Is there a cable delivered with the wifi module? Else is there a pinout how to connect dupont cable on the S21 and that to the wifi module.

I’m sorry, I will not be from a great help with precise development.

Here is the doc for cognito Using Tokens with User Pools - Amazon Cognito

The best would be that daikin would configure like others (netatmo) have done a way to configure api keys. Then one would be able to create a new « app » against cognito and then use it to authenticate, get jwt for access and refresh token.

A short term work-around where people would put their « hardly » got access token and refresh token.
It is ashame that refresh token are valid only one month, even on mobile app this will be troublesome.

Is the product BRP069B42, the BRP069B41 but than + the right the cable to the S21 port?

I bought de BRP09B42 with the cable, the side of wifi controller fits, but the connector on the board inside the Daikin unit is different. So now we should know how the pinout must be of the wifi controller to the diakin unit mainboard. On the french forum I also don’t see the pinout somewhere?

Hi,

I solved it how to connect the old wifi module. You need to buy the BRP069B42, and the EKRS21 cable (Daikin S21 reducer kit for Stylish)

Than you can connect the old wifi module, and shut down the new version, and you can use the integrated daikin module from homeassistant. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you a lot @kroonen .

Have you some details on how to mute the version upgrade?

Thank you.

Does the new Daikin cloud app carry on working if you do this, or does the old wifi module take over?

You can choose to use both at the same time, so the cloud wifi adapter en de local wifi adapter. I did shut down the cloud adapter.

I did de wifi module RRP069B32, upgrade to 1.2.54 and that was no issue. The app tells maybe to upgrade later in the future, but if I use the wifi module with hass, I don’'t think about using the app from dakin. I don’t think the module itself checks for updates without the app.

I would not have any objections to connect to Daikin cloud directly. Same as it is working for Xiaomi Miio - Home Assistant integrations. Seems like more cleaner approach, then installing legacy WiFi adapter to units, which already have a WiFi with daikin cloud.

By the way Google home has direct integration to Daikin residential app. Also from references to external sites from above posts I can see that connection to cloud is already being reverse engineered
So fingers crossed, that in future this will be implemented to home assistant.

What I hate these new WiFi integrated units (I have two of them) is that stupid WiFi ssid broadcasting. Hate them for that.
I have one “standing” daikin unit FVXM35F, which does not have integrated Wifi. It has BRP069B41 wifi adapter installed and is connected to my home assistant instance. But Daikin residential app cannot add it to daikin cloud with this error:
Device cannot be added This device can not be added because the region of your device is not supported. Please contact your Installer for further assistance.
Region: EU.
Strange Daikin position, as nobody answers to my support requests

I bought this cable and this is working perfectly well!

Just got new airconditioning installed a week ago and very unhappy that I’m now locked into the cloud system.
I just don’t understand this move from Daikin, other than data snooping. All the server costs will be massive for them and I surely hope they don’t consider going to subscription based models after a while.

For now what I find is that the responsiveness of their cloud system is pretty shit. Often times the shut down command doesn’t get through and you have to do it 2 or 3 times. Same with the settings, once you activated the device through your app and you change something with the remote, the unit will just shut down.

So the units themselves are great, but man I’m disappointed about this cloud bullshit.

For pricing reasons, I think @Malento that indeed this is a very smart move from daikin point of view, since here the cloud will be costing very few per engine.

There are two things from my point of view:

1/ even with the cloud interface, this would have been totally possible to allow local control on a local api
2/ all other providers with cloud based experience) (netatmo, somfy, …) allow people to create their own api secrets to permit custom integrations. It’s a shame that Daikin is not proposing this.

Be an informed consumer and don’t buy products that only offer a cloud based application interface.

I requested my (yet to be installed) Daikin unit be compatible with the BRP15B61 interface or I would look elsewhere.

1 Like

That’s kind of a dick statement to make and pretty ignorant to how the world works.
We’re talking about airconditioning units which main function is cooling a home. All the smart home functions are a byproduct.

And you might think you’re safe with your chosen interface, but if Daikin decides to stop support or move it to cloud only as well, you’ll be in the same boat. I hope you can rock on without issues, but calling people uninformed with these kind of situations shows little empathy.

1 Like

Please read our code of conduct and keep it polite.

I’ll be fine as once in and operational I am in charge of any (unlikely imo) firmware updates that could potentially disable local control.

Not the way I do things. If it does not work how I want with my home automation I don’t buy it. If you and others did the same and supported manufacturers that offer a local interface we’d see more support for this.

Also I think Daikin AC - Home Assistant page should be updated with currently not supported units.