Daikin AC Integration BRP069C4x

Finally had some time to install the new PR and I can confirm that it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, i update HA to the last version yesterday.
Today the daikin integration doesnā€™t work with this issue.

Anyone had the same?
Thank you!!

Has anybody outside of Japan tried the Echonet Lite approach?
If it works, it will be a better solution since it doesnā€™t require cloudā€¦

I am trying to decide which brand to buyā€¦
I really like Daikin devices, but the removal of local API makes me want to look elsewhere (Greeā€¦).

Iā€™ve tried it, didnā€™t work.

The custom integration works fine by the way.

maybe the token has expired?

Iā€™m having it working as well.token was expired, so thought will test this immediately.
Couldnā€™t get it working via HACS (hacs didnā€™t show beta, or version higher then 1.0.2 , master didnā€™t allow for adding credentials into configuration.yaml got only errors when check if it was valid), needed to manual delete everything.
Download the files and copy them towards the custom components.
Restart HA.
Add settings to configuration.yaml, between brackets as shown in the documentation didnā€™t work. this worked :slight_smile:
daikin_residential:
email: ā€œ[email protected]ā€
password: ā€œsuper_secure_passwordā€

Thank you @rospogrigio! Very happy to tell this component also works with both my Daikin ACā€™s!
Thanks for all the hard work, Iā€™m extremely happy to be able to control the airco from HA now, time for some nice automationsā€¦

Yeah, I forgot to tell that I finally decided to release the latest PR as the new v2.0.0 release, now supporting to insert the credentials and the token will automatically be re-retrieved when it expires (unless the Daikin guys change something server-side).
Please remember to delete and re-create the integration when upgrading from v.1.x to v2.0.0.
Bye! :wink:

2 Likes

Just found this integration, kudos to you man! I was getting frustrated by the limited features and capabilities of the app (donā€™t even talk about that ugly remote!). Hereā€™s to hoping they donā€™t break things soon!

1 Like

Wonderful work!

1 Like

I just installed it using HACS. Works flawlessly. Thank you very much!

You have made my day man. Thank you.

Amazing job! Just spend some time on incorrect repository, so for convenience of others sharing the link that works wonderfully on Daikin AC if you have everything setup on Daikin app: https://github.com/rospogrigio/daikin_residential

2 Likes

This integration is wonderfulā€¦ It seems to work wellā€¦
When I installed air conditioning I had chosen daikin because they have native home assistant integration and I was quite disappointed when I realized it didnā€™t work.
Congratulations to the creators for the workā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m getting annoying firmware update pop-up messages from Daikin, did you already test whether the new FW still works? Iā€™m a bit reluctant to upgradeā€¦

Edited @25-9: took the gamble and justupdated to the last FW version, everything is still working fine. phew

Came here to ask the exact same thing. Especially with the new homes parameters the API might have changed.

Itā€™s working for me.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not working for me. I can install the integration but then when the email and password I get the message ā€œFailed to retrieve access token setā€

Are you maybe using a DNS blocklist, firewall, ā€¦? I got the same error at first, whitelisting cdns.gigya.com fixed it.

Can you please give me more info about your issue?
The whitelist is defined in home assistant?