Daikin AC Integration BRP069C4x

Did you able to fix the negative values? Hope someone can help so the integration with the energy dashboard works fine.

Found @rospogrigio ā€™s project for controlling Daikinā€™s new models with Home Automation. Great stuff!

Just wondering, was the API Daikinā€™s BRP069C4x used to cloud fully disclosed? Are there any APIs to get to know about eg defrost cycles?

Regarding temperatures and power consumption, can you query historical data?

This integretation seems to not work anymoore? Can you confirm?
I have installed correctly but nu device is coming up from Daikin Residential Controller, But it works and are for example linked to my Google Home.

Works fine for me 2021.11.5 and Daikin plugin version 2.0.2, what version of the plugin and HA do you have?

I do see there is a 2.0.3 version available, did you update?

Right now I am testing another version :

But i can not get it to work as well, canā€™t understand what iā€™m doing wrong yetā€¦

Thanks for the link, this works great, with the Daikin cloud bases air conditioners.

There is a new firmware available (1.12.51) for my Daikin perfera. Somebody already updated their own devices and verified that this firmware is compatible with @rospogrigio integration ?
Thank you

Yes, I can confirm itā€™s still working.
Bye!

My integration has stopped working. It keeps saying my login is incorrect, but it is correct, itā€™s the same as that I use in the Daikin appā€¦

Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œ/config/custom_components/daikin_residential/daikin_api.pyā€, line 385, in retrieveAccessToken
raise Exception("Unknown Login error: " + response[ā€œerrorDetailsā€])
Exception: Unknown Login error: invalid loginID or password

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œ/config/custom_components/daikin_residential/daikin_api.pyā€, line 169, in refreshAccessToken
await self.retrieveAccessToken(data[CONF_EMAIL], data[CONF_PASSWORD])
File ā€œ/config/custom_components/daikin_residential/daikin_api.pyā€, line 387, in retrieveAccessToken
raise Exception(ā€œLogin failed: %sā€, e)
Exception: (ā€˜Login failed: %sā€™, Exception(ā€˜Unknown Login error: invalid loginID or passwordā€™))

Hello Iā€™m thinking about getting a Daiking air conditioner, is there any issue or limitation with HA I should be aware of?

2 Likes

Hey. The newer models - with built-in WIFI - are currently not supported in Home Assistant, only Google Assistant.
This because the new WiFi controller doesnā€™t use the local/open API, but an at the moment closed API.

Unless you switch to the older WiFi controller (B instead of C), or if you have the Niko Home Control, which has Daikin integration (for which Niko paid), you cannot control or check them from Home Assistant.

1 Like

The custom integration that uses the cloud API is working well for me!

First off, @rospogrigio and other contributors, thank you for a the very useful Daikin Residential integration which was a bit of a life-saver considering that the normal Daikin local API is no longer supported.

Iā€™m having an interesting problem, though - this may be because I have two ACs or potentially because I seem to be ~180ms away from the cloud endpoint, though the ping does appear to be consistent.

After a couple of hours of successful operation, the integration becomes unresponsive with the following in the logs. The Daikin app still works though, so am assuming this is not back-end downtime (but that may be a bad assumption on my part, not sure)

2022-01-04 09:08:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Updating daikin_residential climate took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:01:00                                                                                                                                                                                           
2022-01-04 09:08:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating daikin_residential sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:08:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating daikin_residential switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:09:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating daikin_residential sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:09:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating daikin_residential switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:09:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Updating daikin_residential climate took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:01:00                                                                                                                                                                                           
2022-01-04 09:09:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating daikin_residential sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:09:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating daikin_residential switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:10:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating daikin_residential sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:10:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating daikin_residential switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:10:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Updating daikin_residential climate took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:01:00                                                                                                                                                                                           
2022-01-04 09:10:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating daikin_residential sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:10:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating daikin_residential switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:11:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating daikin_residential sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:11:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating daikin_residential switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:11:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Updating daikin_residential climate took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:01:00                                                                                                                                                                                           
2022-01-04 09:11:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating daikin_residential sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:11:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating daikin_residential switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:12:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating daikin_residential sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30                                                                                                                                                                                             
2022-01-04 09:12:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating daikin_residential switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30

So then, if I reload the integration from the front-end it refreshes the token and resumes working for a few hoursā€¦ then starts to do the above again. I havenā€™t seen any specific errors in the logs when it transitions from normal operation to timing out.

2022-01-04 09:13:00 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] Initialing Daikin Residential API...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
2022-01-04 09:13:00 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] Daikin Residential API initialized.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
2022-01-04 09:13:00 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] BEARER REQUEST URL: https://api.prod.unicloud.edc.dknadmin.be/v1/gateway-devices                                                                                                                                                                                        
2022-01-04 09:13:00 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] BEARER REQUEST HEADERS: {'user-agent': 'Daikin/1.6.1.4681 CFNetwork/1209 Darwin/20.2.0', 'x-api-key': 'xxx', 'Authorization': 'Bearer xxxxx', 'Content-Type': 'application/json'}                                                                                                                                     
2022-01-04 09:13:01 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] BEARER RESPONSE CODE: 401                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
2022-01-04 09:13:01 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] TOKEN EXPIRED: will refresh it (401)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
2022-01-04 09:13:02 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] refreshAccessToken response code: 200                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
2022-01-04 09:13:02 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] refreshAccessToken response: {'AuthenticationResult': {'AccessToken': 'xxxxx', 'ExpiresIn': 3600, 'IdToken': 'xxxxx', 'TokenType': 'Bearer'}, 'ChallengeParameters': {}}                                                                                                                                                                                                   
2022-01-04 09:13:02 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] TokenSet refreshed.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
2022-01-04 09:13:02 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] BEARER REQUEST URL: https://api.prod.unicloud.edc.dknadmin.be/v1/gateway-devices                                                                                                                                                                                        
2022-01-04 09:13:02 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] BEARER REQUEST HEADERS: {'user-agent': 'Daikin/1.6.1.4681 CFNetwork/1209 Darwin/20.2.0', 'x-api-key': xxxx', 'Authorization': 'Bearer xxxx', 'Content-Type': 'application/json'}                                                                                                                                     
2022-01-04 09:13:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] BEARER RESPONSE CODE: 200                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
2022-01-04 09:13:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] API UPDATE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
2022-01-04 09:13:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.daikin_api] ...

Any ideas? Is anyone else experiencing this?

2 Likes

Thank you for building this integration, I have a feeling Iā€™m going to end up needing to use it! I could use some advice before I purchase a bunch of wifi adapters.

Iā€™d like to automate setting all of my Daikin head units to either heat or cool mode depending upon the outside temperature. Iā€™m running into problems where people in most rooms want heat, but one room wants cooling, and it locks the whole system.

My research shows that Iā€™ll need to get the wifi module for each of my 8 head units (CTXS07LVJU, FVXS12NVJU, FTXR12TVJUW). Iā€™m trying to purchase the BRP072A43 wifi adapter module since I think it supports local APIs, but nobody seems to have them. They all say Daikin has discontinued them and the new part is the AZAI6WSZDKB wireless cloud module. My preference is to not have any cloud service necessary, but maybe that isnā€™t possible.

Has anyone used the AZAI module? Does it work with this integration? Can anyone advise on a good path forward?

Works for me for Altherma Daikin heat pump (type BRP069A78) this integration (only this): GitHub - zauan/daikin_residential_altherma

Iā€™m in a similar situation to you.

I have four Daikin head units. I have managed to pick up one BRP072A42 on ebay second hand, so that should work for one system.

I am setting up Sensibo, for the two units with IR controllers, which gives me basic control of mode, temp, humidity but no power consumption, maybe a Shelly EM for that?:

The final option I am looking at is CoolPlug & CooLinkHub which I hope will interface with Daikin through the CoolMasterNet Integration:

CoolPlug Simple Digitalization

Hmm, interesting. Now Iā€™ve got more research to do!

So are you NOT willing to buy the newer cloud module (AZAI6WSZDKB)? Is that because you donā€™t want any cloud dependencies, or something else? Have you tried that module already and it doesnā€™t work?

Iā€™m currently using the Daikin Residential Controller from Rospogrigio and itā€™s working flawlessly.
Thank you man!!

Iā€™ve had feedback from Daikin as well asking for local API support and they will come back to me once they know more.

1 Like

My Daikin installer told me that consumption data are not very reliable.

Iā€™m using Shelly 3EM for house energy monitoring.
2 clip for energy consumption and production, third clip for Heat pump consumption.

Energy Cards for representing data in HA

Very happy for thi solution!
Lontra

I have an Atherma Heat Pump to which I have integrated the BRP062A62. It is reporting the state very well.

However, I want to be able to set the DHW Set Point by period of day, with peaks in the morning and evening, cool in the night, and warm during the day.

Does the integration provided by @rospogrigio provide services too? I do see the climate.altherma (I presume for heating) and the water_heater.altherma (I presume for DHW). I have used the

I have script that appears to set the DHW set point correctly.